We’re HCSS. We’re a software company based in Sugar Land, TX and we provide innovative solutions for the construction industry that helps streamline their operations. Our mission at HCSS is to help customers dramatically improve their business through our innovative, high-quality software and exceptionally helpful service, while providing a great life for our employees. With this mission at the forefront of everything we do, we’re recognized as a pioneer and leader in our market and nominated the “Best Companies to Work for in Texas” 14 years in a row.
WHO WE NEED:
We’re currently looking for a Senior Data Architect with 5+ years of database administration experience to join our high-performing Technology team and provide our customers with quality service. If you're a fit, the following things should sound like you:
- 5+ years of experience in database administration with strong replication and high availability knowledge with TSQL
- 7+ years preferably in a software development discipline, with experience in CI/CD, Security frameworks, DevOps principles, and tools to simplify development via agile methodologies.
- Direct experience managing and providing oversight of Azure cloud databases, Azure Elastic Pools, and Azure SQL Servers.
- Relational Database Administrator and Engineering experience (SQL Server, Azure SQL), index optimization, merge processing optimization, database maintenance (index maintenance, statistics maintenance, DBCC CHECKDB), deadlock resolution, and database user and role security
- Knowledge of NoSQL cloud databases such as Azure CosmosDB, Google Firestore, Azure Table Storage
- Knack for delivering business value iteratively to customers in a continuous fashion.
- Experience running mission critical systems at scale in the cloud.
- Lead data tier architecture and design processes which will include architecting and implementing HA/DR/Backup/Maintenance strategies with security-focus.
- Provide leadership, technical direction, and oversight to multiple software engineering, business intelligence and enterprise software services teams
- Contribute to the technology strategy, architectural vision, integration, and problem solving across the customer facing and internal facing products.
- Be the HCSS data architecture expert and represent HCSS during compliance and information security discussions
- Have a strong desire to understand the root cause and details of systems, get hands-on with code, data, and analysis to evaluate how the teams and the products and services are growing.
- Be the organization's sought after individual for modern data architecture and providing support for addressing defense and compliance.
WHY WORK WITH OUR TECHNOLOGY TEAM?
- A sought after expert. You are in the front seat, leading our data tier architecture and design process for infrastructure that serves some of the world’s largest construction companies.
- Engaging, driven, and a collaborative team. We are a fun and friendly team that immensely values teamwork. We deeply care and support each other so we can collectively impact the company, the customer, and the industry.
- Impact an industry. Construction is going through a technology evolution and we have the fantastic opportunity to be in the front seat to aid in that transition.
- Build products of real value. We come to work dedicated to building proven and dependable products for the people of the construction industry. We strive to delight them through outcome-driven, customer-centric, and evidence-backed solutions.
BENEFITS & PERKS:
Part of our mission statement is to provide a great life for our employees. We believe that happy employees make for a better company, so we take care of them. Here are a few of the perks we offer:
- Flexibility for you to work in-office, hybrid or remote.
- Medical and Dental Premiums covered for employees at 100% with HRA funds of up to $3,000.
- On-site wellness amenities and $1,000 wellness fund.
- 401K with match.
- $1,000 continuous learning fund and up to $3,000 educational advancement funds.
After you apply, please give us a couple days to review your application.
If you have any questions, please reach out to us at email@example.com.
We have a carefully selected group of agency partnerships that we’re not looking to expand at this time. Any unsolicited resumes will be deemed the property of HCSS.
This is NOT a contract position, and at this time we are NOT sponsoring H1-B Visas.