Director of Customer Success
The Director of Customer Success is responsible for creating and executing the strategic vision and operational rigor for the Customer Success organization. This leadership role will focus on customer health and satisfaction, high product adoption, and improved retention. Success relies on understanding of our customers and their needs, and fluency with our offerings and how they can be used to create new value for our customers. You will bring excellent relationship-building and collaboration skills, mentorship capabilities, and understanding to have the sometimes hard and often nuanced conversations that will ultimately make our customers successful.
Core responsibilities include developing and implementing processes that positively influence key customer business metrics, uncovering at-risk customer situations for loss remediation, aligning with cross-functional leaders to drive a company-wide culture of customer success, and coaching a team of direct reports to maximize individual and team performance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive utilization and value realization for our customers to reach our growth goals and maintain/grow SaaS revenue and customer retention rates.
- Manage Annual Renewal bookings of over 100mm with 90%+ renewal rate and 80%+ on time renewals.
- Establish consistent and effective Customer Success practices; deliver against key customer metrics of renewal and expansion with a scalable and repeatable framework for customers,
- Develop and implement scalable and repeatable practices to deliver against key customer metrics of renewal and expansion: processes, systems, tools, metrics, and reporting, as well as the customer journey.
- Establish standards, KPIs, reports, dashboards, etc. to monitor and drive results, analyze performance, and identify trends and improvement opportunities; institute a regular communication cadence to inform relevant stakeholder groups of data and discoveries.
- Analyze available data for actionable insights; predicting customer churn, customer health scoring, and the like.
- Coordinate cross-functional processes that help meet gross dollar retention and net dollar retention targets, and deliver on customer needs, including processes for CSMs to:
- Relay customer feedback to the Product team to influence future product roadmap.
- Drive resolution to high-level problems, issues, and escalations to foster strong relationships.
- Provide feedback to Sales on the readiness of our customers for future solutions.
- Collaboratively engage with Sales, Support, Professional Services, Product, and Marketing departments to understand the technical and business challenges of the customer and stay aligned.
- Lead the team with a values-focused approach. Meet regularly with employees to monitor and discuss performance and personal development; drive accountability for key metrics, address performance issues swiftly, identify training and development needs and create plans to implement them; continually identify staffing needs and participate in hiring processes.
- Ensure the team utilizes internal systems fully/effectively to keep customer data, accounts, and systems up to date and drive automation and simplification in various processes.
- Maintain quality communications between key customers and internal teams to identify technical and satisfaction trends and provide “voice of the customer” feedback.
- Align and engage in cross-sell, upsell, land and expand opportunities to grow our footprint.
- Participate in new service or compliance rollouts to ensure CSM and customer readiness.
- Manage expenses within the established budget.
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least 7-10 years of software industry experience in customer facing roles such as customer success, support, or account management in businesses with a minimum of $100M in ARR.
- Minimum of 3 years of Sales and Customer relationship experience tied to customer retention and growth in a SaaS environment with a strong grasp of Customer Success methodologies and workflows.
- Located in or around the Greater Houston area with availability to be in-person
- Proven track record in leading teams through planning and development of strategic processes and efficiencies.
- Strong background in fostering positive relationships with customer executives and adeptly driving negotiations towards advantageous outcomes for all parties.
- Expertise in improving and managing processes and methodologies to build and grow a Customer Success organization.
- High functional knowledge of Gainsight and Salesforce (and other relevant tools)
- Communication and interpersonal skills that inspire and motivate leaders and teams.
- Demonstrated excellence in analytical thinking, problem solving, communication, delegation, planning & organization, and judgment.
- Proven track record of reduction in churn and implementing processes to increase customer engagement with systems and automation.
This is a full-time position, and at this time we are not sponsoring H1-B Visas.
We have a carefully selected group of agency partnerships that we’re not looking to expand at this time. Any unsolicited resumes will be deemed the property of HCSS.
If you have any questions, please reach out to us at email@example.com.