Wondering about the status of your application or what’s the next step? Review our hiring process, and read our frequently asked questions below.
Sure! But keep in mind that you may have to take the test more than once. Also, note that you can only be considered for one position in the end, so focus on the role you feel most qualified for.
If you passed the test, your application is being reviewed by the hiring team. This may take some time (up to a few weeks) due to the volume of applications we receive. Don’t worry—we’ll contact you if you’re selected for the next step in our hiring process!
If you’ve completed the interviews (phone or on-site), a member of the Talent Acquisition team will inform you of the decision typically within 1-2 business weeks or keep you updated on the status.
We typically receive hundreds of applications for an open position, so unfortunately, not all candidates will be selected for interviews.
Here are some tips to increase your chances:
- Tailor your application to the specific position you’re applying for in order to accurately reflect who you are, your accomplishments, and why you’re the best fit.
- Polish your resume! See the Anatomy of a Perfect Resume for some good tips.
- Bonus points if you can provide an online portfolio of your work (some positions even require you to have one as part of your application)!
Use our practice test to prepare. Because the math is set at an 8th grade level, you can also Google “8th grade practice math tests” for more exercises. Remember, all problems can be broken down into simple steps, and you can use a calculator.
Please complete the test within one week of receiving the test link in your email. Be sure to check your junk/spam folder if you don’t see the email.
Once you apply, it may take 24-72 hours to receive the test link in your email. If you still haven’t received the link after this time frame, please note the following:
- If you applied for the same position in the past, use the same test link in the email you received after your original application.
- If you’ve never applied before or if you’re applying for a different position, check your junk/spam folder.
If you still don’t see the test link, email email@example.com, and the team will be happy to help.
Please complete the one that’s tied to the role you feel most qualified for or you may end up having to take the test multiple times.
There are instructions at the beginning of the test (prior to starting it) that explain how to format your answers, including rounding and decimals.
Our testing system accounts for decimals and percentages in the answer. Be sure to read the instructions very carefully prior to starting the test. Do not place text after your answer (e.g., 13 vs. 13 students) as any text will be counted as incorrect.
Please note that in the introduction of the test, you acknowledged that HCSS is not responsible for providing feedback on the results of your individual online or onsite assessment.
If you believe there is a major discrepancy in your answers and the correct answers, you may email firstname.lastname@example.org with your request for a review.
We like your enthusiasm! But please take at least three months to improve before reapplying for the same position.
It depends. Each position has a different score requirement. That means if your current score does not meet the requirement of the role you’re applying for now, you’ll have to take the test again.
- All Development-related roles (Software Development, QA, UX, etc.) require a minimum of 11.
- Technical Support, Professional Services (Implementation, Project Management, etc.), Strategy, IT, and other similar departments require a minimum of 10.
- All other positions (Marketing, Sales, HR, etc.) typically require a minimum of 8 or 9.
Still can’t find the answer to your question? Fill out this form, and we’ll get right back to you!