Vice President of Professional Services – Job Description
HCSS, a Thoma Bravo portfolio company, is a market leader in heavy civil construction software and technology solutions. We are seeking a VP of Professional Services to deliver outstanding outcomes and delight our customers. We are looking for an excellent candidate who can set the proper foundation for the organization, lead sustainable growth, build capability and scale, ensure quality, and drive customer value.
Reporting to our COO, the VP of Professional Services will lead a team of approximately 40 professionals in the US and be capable of leading our growth plan to scale the team with anticipated business growth both organically and through acquisitions. The successful candidate will continually assess customer and market demand to ensure the right mix of skills and experience as a highly successful organization from a customer experience and profitability measure. Professional Services is primarily responsible for implementing our market-leading software solutions and onboarding customers through onsite and virtual training.
We seek a highly capable leader, able to manage, motivate, and measure your team’s success. You have the experience and acumen to establish key metrics and health indicators for the PS business, credibly deliver assessments, and drive results through a data-informed approach. We seek someone to optimize our working methods, invest in our talent, and increase efficiency to drive top-line growth, bottom-line performance, customer satisfaction, and cross-sell opportunities.
- Design the framework for efficient implementation of HCSS Products and Solutions.
- Demonstrate leadership and build/maintain a motivated organization, strongly engaged and delivering value. The team includes Analysts, Implementation Consultants, and Program/Project Managers.
- Create an effective, scalable, and repeatable delivery architecture to drive results across aligned objectives.
- Collaborate and drive initiatives to build the business, effectively land and expand in key accounts and deliver on cross-selling goals.
- Own the P&L and meet or exceed key financial outcomes, including Gross Margin, Contribution Margin, Productivity and Utilization, and Continuous Improvement through business process automation, proper tooling, and competency development.
- Contribute to the product roadmap based on feedback on the ground from customers and from implementation experience.
- Strong alignment with the Sales teams and the wider Customer Operations teams to ensure effective operating rhythm and processes between the teams to optimize the customer experience and to accelerate time to value for customers.
- Drive revenue retention and increase NPS by demonstrating accountability, maintaining customer relationships, particularly during competitive displacements, and supporting new business opportunities.
- Develop and maintain proactive relationships with key customers for a complete feedback loop; ensure insights help craft future product and services strategy and lead customer escalations to capture lessons learned and ensure actions are taken to avoid repeat occurrences.
- Define and implement a talent development strategy that enables the team to develop and continuously improve how we deliver services, leveraging our internal talent pipeline as well from Customer Operations.
- Manage and improve the tools used by our Professional Services team, including Salesforce, Mission Control, and Calendly. Identify areas for automation and improvement.
- 10+ years of experience in technical customer operations roles within a SaaS environment alongside 7+ years of progressively increasing managerial responsibility within a solution/services delivery environment.
- Proven experience building and leading teams in a fast-paced, growing Professional Services organization.
- Experience delivering customer service as defined by high-quality customer insight, with clear examples of agile and successful operational responses to such data.
- Excellent communication and customer-facing skills and proven ability to work with our customer's senior management levels, including C-level executives.
- Proven presentation, interpersonal communication, organizational skills, and proven ability to communicate our value proposition.
- Proven multi-tasking, time-management, project management, problem-solving, and team-building skills within complex environments.
- Ability to travel regularly.
- Ability to develop and champion collaborative working relationships across various business areas, corporate leaders, and customers.
- Prior experience in the relevant industry to our customer/market segment (heavy civil construction) would be an added plus!
This is a full-time position, and at this time we are not sponsoring H1-B Visas.
We have a carefully selected group of agency partnerships that we’re not looking to expand at this time. Any unsolicited resumes will be deemed the property of HCSS.
If you have any questions, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.