HCSS, a 14-time “Best Company to Work For in Texas” software company in Sugar Land (southwest side of Houston) is searching for a senior leader of all HCSS employee-related activity including all aspects of HR with a particular emphasis on acquiring and developing employees and maintaining a strong and attractive company culture. This position reports to the HCSS CEO.
We're looking for someone who:
- Has genuine passion for developing and growing people.
- Is always looking for better ways to improve the employee experience and company culture.
- Is comfortable working with the CEO of a 400+ person company.
- Looks forward to making non-traditional proposals to a CEO who believes strongly in employee development.
- Has the ability to influence stakeholders at every level across the organization.
- Is a self-starter and comfortable doing a significant amount of research and strategy on their own.
- Has a solid HR generalist background, but is comfortable in a non-traditional and challenging HR role.
What you'll do all day:
- Focus on helping us grow and improve in the key areas of Talent Acquisition, Employee Onboarding, Learning & Career Development, and Employee Engagement/Culture as well as supervise the administrative aspects of HR, benefits, develop or refine evaluations and surveys, and possibly do some teaching.
- Manage the Talent Acquisition team on promoting our employer brand as well as interviewing and helping assess candidates. (All senior executives interview regularly and the CEO tries to interview every final round candidate)
- Work closely with the CEO and senior leadership to help maintain and continue building a positive, productive, and fun culture that people want to be part of.
- Provide coaching and guidance to employees and lead employee development and organization performance.
- Coach, advise, and support our leaders to identify and proactively address performance and employee issues.
- Deal with the TEC and other government agencies and keep us SOC2 compliant.
A few reasons why you might love us:
- We're a leader and innovator in employee development, ownership thinking, and wellness.
- You get the benefits of being part of a 400+ employees and growing company, with an entrepreneurial culture.
- We have an industry-wide reputation for customer service in 3 rings or less and our culture includes service to fellow employees.
- You’ll work with smart and determined individuals who love to collaborate to make a direct impact on the organization.
- You’ll find that we go way beyond what most companies do to support and develop our employees and to build a fun, but productive company that attracts top quality employees.
And a few reasons why you may not like working for us or won’t succeed:
- Adaptability and flexibility is not your thing.
- You are uncomfortable with the expectation that you will show value to us in the first 60 days.
- You are not open to trying different approaches and prefer commonly accepted processes.
- You expect to be told what to do.
- You would feel uncomfortable working regularly with the CEO who has strong opinions and expects to be involved in anything that affects a number of employees.
- You don’t like having fun at work and are annoyed by employees who “waste” time with unproductive social activities.
- You don’t want to work in the office during COVID. (The CEO and other senior executives are in the office).
What are you waiting for? If you are ready to take on this opportunity that will significantly impact a $100+ million company and provide you a fun and rewarding career, then apply today!
Part of our recruitment process includes an easy 8th-grade level math/logic test. Most people finish this in 15 minutes or less. HCSS will automatically send you an email after you apply with the test link. Check your spam/junk mail folder in case it's not in your inbox.
We have a carefully selected group of agency partnerships that we’re not looking to expand at this time. Any unsolicited resumes will be deemed the property of HCSS.
This is NOT a contract position, and at this time we are NOT sponsoring H1-B Visas.
Though our on campus culture is one of our favorite things about working at HCSS, for the safety of our employees and their families we are currently operating under an optional work from home policy. We will continue allowing our employees to choose whether to work from home or on-site until we fully return to the office next year.