If are free on one of those days, apply online at careers.hcss.com, pass our online math/logic test prior to Monday, June 28, and we'll review your application. If selected to move forward, you'll complete another math/logic test that will be proctored by the Organizational Development team. After you pass, we'll invite you to the hiring event which will be hosted virtually.
Note that this is an invite-only event. Offers will not be made on the spot. This event is part of a multi-step application process. If you cannot interview on either of those two days, you will go through our regular interview process.
In order to attend, you must:
- Have a functioning camera and mic (phone can be used as an alternative)
- Be available to interview with the hiring team for one hour on Thursday, July 8 OR Wednesday, July 21
- Have passed the initial stages as indicated above
Please see below for the job description.
HCSS, an innovative construction software company based in Sugar Land (southwest of Houston) and a 14-time winner of the “Best Companies to Work for in Texas” is looking for Technical Support Analysts (Tier 1 Analysts) who are independent thinkers who blend their service-oriented mindset and tech skills to solve business problems on the fly. We don’t use scripts; we use our heads and our hearts. If you’re a tech junkie with great people skills and the aptitude to learn our software, we would like you to consider joining our superhero squad of first responders.
With a team motto of “three rings or less”, you’ll be working with a group of collaborative peers passionate about the customer experience.
Some of the items you’ll tackle include:
- Providing instant world-class service to HCSS customers through multiple channels (phone, chat, email, social, etc.)
- Taking ownership of learning HCSS products in addition to the training provided
- Continuously creating helpful documentation through the capture of relevant information during each support interaction
If you’re looking for more of a “traditional” list of skills, here’s some that can set you apart… but by no means should you be deterred from applying if you don’t meet every single one of them.
- Preference for at least a year of exposure to a customer service environment (think retail or hospitality). If you're a recent new grad, this is a perfect opportunity for you to jumpstart your career!
- You’re constantly catching up on topics and trends in technology.
- You’re amazing at troubleshooting difficult technology problems
- You’re a quick learner and can independently learn new software
- You’re familiar with Android and iOS mobile platforms
- You have a basic knowledge of IPv4 networking
- You have a basic understanding of databases and web services
- You have intermediate knowledge of Windows Desktop Operating Systems (8/10)
Your schedule will be determined by your manager. The more flexible you are with your schedule, the more likely you are to be hired by HCSS. Example shifts can include Monday – Friday from 11 am – 8 pm or 1 – 10 pm, which may be outside normal business hours. Availability to take rotating night and weekend calls (as needed) is required too.
Part of our mission statement is to provide a great life for our employees so we offer a variety of amazing perks including:
- 100% paid medical and dental premiums with HRA funds of up to $3,000
- On-site wellness amenities and $1,000 wellness fund
- 401K with match
- Company-wide profit-sharing (with the five year average being 27.6% of salary) and employee stock ownership
- $1,000 continuous learning fund and up to $3,000 educational advancement funds
Part of our recruitment process includes an easy 8th-grade level math/logic test. Most people finish this in 15 minutes or less. HCSS will automatically send you an email after you apply with the test link. In case this is not in your inbox, please also check your spam/junk mail folder.
We have a carefully selected group of agency partnerships that we’re not looking to expand at this time. Any unsolicited resumes will be deemed the property of HCSS.
This is NOT a contract position, and at this time we are NOT sponsoring H1-B Visas. You will have to work in-person at our office in Houston, TX.