Video Production Intern
**Applicants MUST be enrolled in an accredited college/university and be able to commute to the HCSS campus (based in Sugar Land, TX) during the duration of the internship. We are also NOT sponsoring H-1B visas or relocation at this time.**
Are you someone who is creative and likes making video content? Here’s your chance to improve your skills by working at HCSS, a 12x winner of the “Best Company to Work for in Texas,” as a Video Production Intern!
In this position, you will be a valuable team member of our Marketing team, specifically our I Build America program. You will develop specialized knowledge, advocate for quality standards, and spread awareness about the heavy civil construction industry.
During your internship at HCSS, you will demonstrate your skills and accomplish the following goals:
- Develop a basic understanding of the I Build America program at HCSS
- Analyze YouTube and existing media channels where videos are utilized
- Present a comprehensive recommendation to your manager about how the video program should be augmented
- Utilize existing footage, produce one to two videos that can be used to promote the I Build America program
- Fully produce a 2-3 minute “How Can I get Involved” video to promote the I Build America program
- Fully produce a series of short “careers” videos that can be used on our social media channels
- Fully produce a 2-3 minute “Why Construction” video targeted at high school students to be used at trade shows and other face-to-face activities
“Nice to Have”:
- Knowledge and experience in script writing, shooting, and editing videos
- Proficiency with Adobe Premiere
- Can demonstrate creativity in all aspects of production, from the look and feel to concept and strategy (You may be asked to present your work to the hiring team during the interview process.)
Here’s what to expect:
- We’ll work around your school schedule. During the Spring/Fall semester, you can work up to 25 hours a week. For major school breaks, you can work full-time (up to 40 hours a week).
- Training and mentoring will be provided and you’ll receive feedback on your performance regularly form your peers and manager.
- If you need to take a break, you have full 24/7 access to our facilities, such as the gym, kitchen, game room, and more!
What are you waiting for? Apply right now and join us!
Part of our recruitment process includes a math/logic test. HCSS will send you an email within the week after you apply with the test link. In case this is not in your inbox, please also check your spam/junk mail folder.
This is NOT a contract position, NOT providing in-housing, and at this time we are NOT sponsoring H1-B Visas*