HCSS, an innovative construction software company based in Sugar Land (southwest Houston), TX and recognized as one of the “Best Companies to Work for in Texas” 14 years in a row is looking for a Talent Acquisition Advisor as we scale for rapid growth.
What can we promise you? You’ll join a collaborative Talent Acquisition team that focuses on the quality of hire rather than the quantity and get to work on some exciting talent acquisition projects to further hone your craft.
Some of the things you’ll tackle include:
- Connecting with prospects who may not know about HCSS and get them excited about our opportunities on the team
- Supporting recruiting for roles from various departments, ranging from software developers to business development representatives, and everything in between
- Participating in special projects to advance HCSS further
Ideally you’ll have 2+ years of sourcing/recruiting experience (bonus points if it's from an agency environment). The following objectives below will define what success looks like in this position in the first initial months.
- Work with in-house designer or create your own visual aid of your choice to explain to the TA team the current recruiting process from position request to offer acceptance. Identify all of the intricacies in the process for deeper understanding in the visual aid.
- Go on a customer tour with a member of the Professional Services team and a candidate tour with a member of the Talent Acquisition team. Afterwards, review the candidate perks sheets and perks page of the careers site to design a tour that sells on the benefits of the company to the candidate. Share with your supervisor/manager for feedback.
- Set up an intake meeting with at least 2 different department hiring managers and discuss open role(s). Draft a document outlining your proposed sourcing strategy for the open roles. Share your insights with your supervisor/manager for feedback.
- Gather HCSS employer-branded content to craft at least two creative outreach touchpoints/messages for an open position that you will use to contact prospective candidates. Explain the sources/channels you will use to deliver the messages to the prospective candidates and reasons why. Share with your supervisor/manager for feedback.
- Select 4 different resumes/profiles for an assigned open position. Assuming these are passive prospects, utilize Lou Adler’s Career Zones philosophy to assign each resume/profile to a zone and then outline the tactics you will use to engage with the prospects in each of these zones. Share your learnings with your manager/supervisor.
- Select 5 resumes/profiles for an assigned open position where the decision to move to a further screen can be swayed towards a yes or no. Set up a meeting with your supervisor/manager and give your reasoning and analysis on the red flags and golden nuggets on each resume as well as your overall recommendation.
- Schedule weekly 1-on-1s with your supervisor/manager to share your progress, the challenges you have encountered and how you plan to overcome them.
- Develop a list of interview questions for an open position utilizing behavior-based, motivation-based, or competency-based concepts. Conduct at least 2 phone screens shadowed by a member of the Talent Acquisition team. Take notes in the ATS and share your notes with the Talent Acquisition team after each interview for feedback.
- Shadow at least 2 on-site interviews of candidates conducted by the hiring managers for an open position within HCSS. Evaluate what you think went well and what could be improved. Share your feedback with your supervisor/manager.
- Conduct research on at least 2 innovative sourcing tools/methods to pursue both active and passive job seekers and enhance the recruitment process. Present a business case for implementing one of the sourcing tools/methods to your supervisor/manager.
- Do some independent research on sourcing and recruiting trends and present to the Talent Acquisition team.
- Schedule weekly 1-on-1s with your supervisor/manager to share your progress, the challenges you have encountered, and how you plan to overcome them.
After month 2, the performance objectives will be determined by your supervisor/manager.
With the variety of amazing perks we offer to all employees (including 100% paid medical and dental premiums, on-site wellness amenities, employee stock ownership, and more), we recognize that no one wants to feel stagnant. Therefore we’ll provide you with the resources to grow further through our continuous learning and educational advancement funds.
What are you waiting for? It’s time to take charge of your career and make your impact. The sky’s the limit on what you can achieve!
Part of our recruitment process includes an easy 8th-grade level math/logic test. Most people finish this in 15 minutes or less. HCSS will automatically send you an email after you apply with the test link. In case this is not in your inbox, please also check your spam/junk mail folder.
We have a carefully selected group of agency partnerships that we’re not looking to expand at this time. Any unsolicited resumes will be deemed the property of HCSS.
This is NOT a contract position, and at this time we are NOT sponsoring H1-B Visas. You will have to work in-person at our office in Houston, TX post-COVID.