HCSS, an innovative construction software company based in Sugar Land (southwest of Houston) and a 14-time winner of the “Best Companies to Work for in Texas” is looking for a Software Development Supervisor who is eager to jump into the latest cloud technology and coach a group of 3-4 Developers and Testers as we scale for rapid growth. If you have served in a technical leadership role, you’d be a strong fit!
Some of the items you’ll tackle include:
- Familiarizing yourself with the Development team, as well as the project(s) or product(s) you’ll be responsible for.
- Meet with each individual on the team on a weekly basis to understand and address their concerns and challenges
- Provide opportunities and collaboratively develop individual plans for your direct reports to help them progress in their career
- Familiarizing yourself with the project(s) you’ll be responsible for.
- Take responsibility for all aspects of the SDLC including leading/overseeing all scrum activities (stand-up, retrospectives, sprint reviews, stakeholder meetings)
- Collaborate with the Technical Product Manager and Business Analyst to establish the roadmap of your assigned products (HCSS Credentials and Setups) and work with tech leads to establish release plans
- Plan upcoming sprints and estimate work items
- Acting as the point of contact for the project(s) you'll be responsible for.
- Respond to queries and requirements from within and outside the department and from clients
- Be the point of contact during incidents and outages
- Delivering best practices across multiple teams and support cross-departmental initiatives
Ideally, you have at least 5+ years of hands-on experience with C#, .NET, Entity Framework, API development and 2+ years using Microsoft Azure for cloud development. You also have 3+ years of team lead/management experience.
With the variety of amazing perks we offer to all employees (including 100% paid medical and dental premiums, on-site wellness amenities, employee stock ownership, and more), we recognize that no one wants to feel stagnant. Therefore we’ll provide you with the resources to grow further through our continuous learning and educational advancement funds.
What are you waiting for? It’s time to take charge of your career and make your impact. The sky’s the limit on what you can achieve!
Part of our recruitment process includes an easy 8th-grade level math/logic test. Most people finish this in 15 minutes or less. HCSS will automatically send you an email after you apply with the test link. Check your spam/junk mail folder in case it's not in your inbox.
We have a carefully selected group of agency partnerships that we’re not looking to expand at this time. Any unsolicited resumes will be deemed the property of HCSS.
This is NOT a contract position, and at this time we are NOT sponsoring H1-B Visas. You will work in-person at our office in Houston, TX with full-time employees having the opportunity to work from home once a week.