HCSS, an innovative construction software company based in Sugar Land (southwest of Houston) and a 13-time winner of the “Best Companies to Work for in Texas” is looking for a Software Development Supervisor who is eager to jump into the latest cloud technology and coach a group of 5 – 10 Developers and Testers as we scale for rapid growth. If you have served in a technical leadership role as a Development Team Lead or Development Manager, you’d be a strong fit!
Some of the items you’ll face in your role include:
- Familiarizing yourself with the Development team, as well as the project(s) or product(s) you’ll be responsible for.
- You’ll meet each individual on the team and take responsibility for all aspects of the SDLC including leading/overseeing all scrum activities (stand-up, retrospectives, sprint reviews, stakeholder meetings).
- Understanding the roadmap of the project(s) or product(s) as well as the backlog and the backlog health.
- Collaboratively develop individual plans for your direct reports to help them grow certain skills.
- Deciding what topic(s) to conduct a “tech talk” to the Development department on and get it scheduled for the next department-wide tech talk.
With the variety of amazing perks we offer to all employees (including 100% paid medical and dental premiums, on-site wellness amenities, employee stock ownership, and more), we recognize that no one wants to feel stagnant. Therefore we’ll provide you with the resources to grow further through our continuous learning and educational advancement funds.
What are you waiting for? It’s time to take charge of your career and make your impact. The sky’s the limit on what you can achieve!
Part of our recruitment process includes a math/logic test. HCSS will send you an email within the week after you apply with the test link. In case this is not in your inbox, please also check your spam/junk mail folder. If this is a re-application for the same position, please utilize the test link that was sent to you in your original application.
This is NOT a contract position, remote during COVID-19, and at this time we are NOT sponsoring H1-B Visas*