Software Developer Intern (Year-Round)
HCSS, a 12-time “Best Company to Work For in Texas” software company in Sugar Land is searching for a Software Development Intern to work during the school semester and summer break. This is a PAID internship where you will gain in-depth skills in our tech stack that will take you further to success. You will make an impact by contributing to our product teams in order to deliver high-quality software applications to our customers.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- You’re currently enrolled in an accredited college/university in Houston, TX and able to commute to our office during your internship.
- A huge plus if you can work year-round with us in addition to summer break.
- You’re cooperative and like to lend a helping hand to others. We have a collaborative culture here at HCSS where teamwork makes the dreamwork!
- You’re detail-oriented, a problem solver, and a logical thinker.
What will you be doing?
- You will be on one of our product development teams working alongside 4-7 other developers helping to design and solve unique development problems that are faced by our customers.
- Developing in both standard software stacks (ex. .NET using MVC, iOS, Android and others) as well as in software that was custom architected to meet specific HCSS needs. You’ll have numerous opportunities to continuously grow your knowledge base.
- Pair programming, participating in bug bashes, hunting down requirements for loosely defined stories, and self-learning over new technologies are just a few of the many things you can look forward to participating in.
- Work with our technical support team and quality control specialists, troubleshoot customer problems and fix bugs
Here’s what you can expect from this internship:
- You must be able to work at least 15 hours (up to 25 hours a week) during the semester. We’ll work around your school schedule. During the major school breaks, you can work full-time (up to 40 hours a week).
- Depending on your performance, you may be given a full-time role upon graduation (and be eligible for ALL of our amazing perks).
- Training will be provided and you’ll receive regular feedback to stay successful.
What are you waiting for? Apply now right now to join!
Part of our recruitment process includes a math/logic test. HCSS will send you an email within the week after you apply with the test link. In case this is not in your inbox, please also check your spam/junk mail folder.
This is NOT a contract position, NOT providing in-housing, and at this time we are NOT sponsoring H1-B Visas*