Software Developement Intern (Summer 2020)
HCSS, a 12-time “Best Company to Work For in Texas” software company in Sugar Land is searching for a Software Development Intern to join the team. This is a PAID internship where you will gain in-depth skills in our tech stack that will take you further to success. You will make an impact by contributing to our product teams in order to deliver high-quality software applications to our customers.
What will you be doing?
- You will be on one of our product development teams working alongside 4-7 other developers helping to design and solve unique development problems that are faced by our customers.
- Developing in both standard software stacks (ex. .NET using MVC, iOS, Android and others) as well as in software that was custom architected to meet specific HCSS needs. You’ll have numerous opportunities to continuously grow your knowledge base.
- Pair programming, participating in bug bashes, hunting down requirements for loosely defined stories, and self-learning over new technologies are just a few of the many things you can look forward to participating in.
- Work with our technical support team and quality control specialists, troubleshoot customer problems and fix bugs
What we look for:
- Enrolled in an accredited university studying Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Computer Engineering or any related coursework
- Ability to work within a team and passion for learning to code
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies alongside senior developer direction
- Have a natural curiosity to dig into a problem or task until completed
Here’s what you can expect:
- During the summer break, you can work full-time (up to 40 hours a week). If you are a local student and want to work during the Fall/Spring semesters, you may be eligible to do so for up to 25 hours a week.
- Depending on your performance, you may be given a full-time role upon graduation (and be eligible for ALL of our amazing perks).
- Training and mentorship will be provided and you’ll receive regular feedback to stay successful.
What are you waiting for? Apply now right now to join!
Part of our recruitment process includes a math/logic test. HCSS will send you an email within the week after you apply with the test link. In case this is not in your inbox, please also check your spam/junk mail folder.
This is NOT a contract position, NOT providing in-housing, and at this time we are NOT sponsoring H1-B Visas*