Software Developer Intern (Summer 2019)
HCSS, an 12-time “Best Company to Work For in Texas” software company in Sugar Land is searching for a Software Development Intern for Summer 2019. This is a PAID internship where you will gain in-depth skills in our tech stack that will take you further to success. You will make an impact by contributing to our product teams in order to deliver high-quality software applications to our customers.
Who are we? We leverage technology to build America. We make software, but we develop trust. While we take immense pride in the products we create, we’re even more proud of the strong relationships we build with clients and within our own HCSS family.
As a member of our team, you’ll play an important part in revolutionizing the construction industry. If you're ready to dig into new opportunities, now’s the time to join us!
In this unique role,
- You will be on a development team with 4-7 other developers working alongside them helping to design and solve unique development problems that are faced by our customers. Teamwork makes the dream work!
- You will be working directly with other developers, quality assurance, product owners, the support team, and our customers.
- You will be developing in both standard software stacks (ex. .NET using MVC, iOS, Android and others) as well as in software that was custom architected to meet specific HCSS needs. You’ll have numerous opportunities to continuously grow your knowledge base.
- Pair programming, participating in bug bashes, hunting down requirements for loosely defined stories, and self-learning over new technologies are just a few of the many things you can look forward to participating in.
- You’ll ramp up and contribute to the team. Our culture here at HCSS is one that is centered around helping each other. No working in cubicles away from others with little checkpoints on progress! We follow the Agile process to maintain transparency as well as project management.
What We Look For:
- Enrolled in an accredited college/university pursuing a degree in Computer Science, Engineering or any related coursework
- Ability to work within a team and passion for learning to code
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies
- Have a natural curiosity to dig into a problem or task until completed
“Nice to Haves”:
- Exposure to Microsoft Visual Studio (.NET or later versions)
- Experience with source control tools (i.e git or TFS)
- Agile development and process familiarity
During your internship, you will be mentored by a senior member of the HCSS Development team and receive regular feedback as to your performance highlighting your successes and potential areas for growth.
Based on company needs and your evaluation, you may be considered for continuing internship or full-time employment opportunities upon graduation.
Part of our recruitment process includes a math/logic test. HCSS will send you an email within the week after you apply with the test link. In case this is not in your inbox, please also check your spam/junk mail folder.
This is NOT a contract position, NOT providing in-housing, and at this time we are NOT sponsoring H1-B Visas*