Software Developer Intern (Spring 2019)
HCSS, an 12-time “Best Company to Work For in Texas” software company in Sugar Land is searching for a Software Development Intern. This is a PAID internship where you will gain in-depth skills in our tech stack that will take you further to success. You will make an impact by contributing to our product teams in order to deliver high-quality software applications to our customers.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- You’re currently enrolled in an accredited college/university in Houston, TX and able to commute to our office in Sugar Land, TX.
- You’re cooperative and like to lend a helping hand to others. We have a collaborative culture here at HCSS where teamwork makes the dreamwork!
- You’re detail-oriented, attentive to detail, and is a logical thinker.
- You’re familiar with C# and/or Java, however, we do accept applications with little to no experience as long as you have the motivation and you're a quick learner.
What will you be primarily doing?:
- Convert an old legacy DB framework in C# to a newer framework
- Understand, debug, and improve existing code libraries
- Work with our technical support team and quality control specialists, troubleshoot customer problems and fix bugs
- Interact with our senior developers and business teams, develop features that enhance the software
Here’s what you can expect from this internship:
- You can work up to 25 hours during the school semester and 40+ during major school breaks. We’ll work around your school schedule.
- Depending on your performance of your project(s), you may be given a full-time role upon graduation (and be eligible for ALL of our amazing perks).
- Training will be provided and you’ll be assigned a mentor throughout the duration of the internship and receive regular feedback to your performance.
What are you waiting for? Apply now!
Part of our recruitment process includes a math/logic test. HCSS will send you an email within the week after you apply with the test link. In case this is not in your inbox, please also check your spam/junk mail folder.
This is NOT a contract position, NOT providing in-housing, and at this time we are NOT sponsoring H1-B Visas*