HCSS, an innovative construction software company based in Sugar Land (southwest Houston), TX and recognized as one of the “Best Companies to Work for in Texas” 13 years in a row is searching for passionate students to learn and grow with us as part of the Software Development Internship program. You will make an impact by contributing to our product teams in order to deliver high-quality software applications to our customers.
Here are some things you’ll experience as a Software Development intern:
- You will be on an agile development team with 4-7 other team members helping them to design and solve unique development problems that are faced by our customers.
- You will work directly with other developers, quality assurance, product owners, the support team, and possibly our customers. Our culture here at HCSS is one that is centered around helping each other.
- You will get exposure to both standard software stacks (ex. .NET using MVC, iOS, Android and others) as well as in software that was custom architected to meet specific HCSS needs.
- Pair programming, participating in bug bashes, hunting down requirements for loosely defined stories, and self-learning over new technologies are just a few of the many things you can look forward to participating in.
- Be enrolled in an accredited university degree program studying Computer Science/Engineering, Computer Information Systems, or related coursework graduating no earlier than December 2021.
- Preferably, you are local in/near Houston, TX and able to work year-round (at least two semesters including the Summer Break). During the Fall/Spring, you can work up to 25 hours a week. We’ll work around your school schedule. For major school breaks, you can work up to 40 hours.
- Have a strong propensity for programming. HUGE plus if you’ve been working on a ton of side coding projects.
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies alongside senior developer direction
- Have a natural curiosity to dig into a problem or task until completed
“Nice to Haves”:
- Exposure to Microsoft Visual Studio (.NET or later versions)
- Experience with source control tools (i.e git or TFS)
- Exposure to agile development and processes
Here’s what to expect:
- Training and mentoring will be provided and you’ll receive feedback on your performance regularly. You’ll have numerous opportunities to continuously grow your knowledge base.
- Depending on your performance, you may be given a full-time offer upon graduation and be eligible for ALL of our amazing perks, including profit sharing, continuous learning funds, a wellness fund, and more!
Part of our recruitment process includes an easy 8th-grade level math/logic test. Most people finish this in 15 minutes or less. HCSS will automatically send you an email after you apply with the test link. In case this is not in your inbox, please also check your spam/junk mail folder. If this is a re-application for the same position, please utilize the test link that was sent to you in your original application.
We have a carefully selected group of agency partnerships that we’re not looking to expand at this time. Any unsolicited resumes will be deemed the property of HCSS.
This is NOT a contract position, and at this time we are NOT sponsoring H1-B Visas. While we are located in the Sugar Land (Houston), TX area, you will work remotely during COVID. Relocation assistance is possible.