HCSS, an innovative construction software company based in Sugar Land (southwest Houston), TX and recognized as one of the “Best Companies to Work for in Texas” 14 years in a row is looking for a Senior-Level Developer (open to high mid-level) ready to jump into the latest technology and build a high quality software product. We are open to considering candidates outside of the Houston, TX area providing that they can relocate to Houston later on.
As a Senior Developer on our high-performing Agile team, some of the items you’ll tackle include:
- Analyzing the HCSS Plans product, database schema, and architecture for improvements that can increase value (ROI, benefit to team, etc.)
- Implementing features that’s significant in scope of your assigned HCSS product
- Sharing best practices at team planning, retrospective, and daily standup meetings
- Coaching junior and mid-level developers
Here’s what you bring to the table:
- 2+ years cloud experience for Amazon Web Services with network infrastructure and elastic beanstalk
- Experience with source control tools (i.e git or TFS)
- Passion to build a product that helps construction professionals build the world
- IOS development experience (Preferred)
“Nice to haves”:
- Agile development and process
- RESTful services (especially Web API)
- Unit Testing and test-driven development
- Continuous integration (Azure DevOps, Jenkins, Team City, etc…)
With the variety of amazing perks we offer to all employees (including 100% paid medical and dental premiums, on-site wellness amenities, 401(k) company matching, and more), we recognize that no one wants to feel stagnant. Therefore we’ll provide you with the resources to grow further through our continuous learning and educational advancement funds.
What are you waiting for? It’s time to take charge of your career and make your impact. The sky’s the limit on what you can achieve!
Part of our recruitment process includes an easy 8th-grade level math/logic test. Most people finish this in 15 minutes or less. HCSS will automatically send you an email after you apply with the test link. Check your spam/junk mail folder in case it's not in your inbox.
We have a carefully selected group of agency partnerships that we’re not looking to expand at this time. Any unsolicited resumes will be deemed the property of HCSS.
This is NOT a contract position, and at this time we are NOT sponsoring H1-B Visas.
Though our on campus culture is one of our favorite things about working at HCSS, for the safety of our employees and their families we are currently operating under an optional work from home policy. We will continue allowing our employees to choose whether to work from home or on-site until we fully return to the office next year.