HCSS, an innovative construction software company based in Sugar Land (southwest Houston), TX and recognized as one of the “Best Companies to Work for in Texas” 14 years in a row is looking for a Senior Software Developer (.NET Web Developer) ready to jump into the latest cloud technology and build high quality software products. In this role you’ll take on more of a leadership capacity by having the opportunity to coach and mentor junior developers. We are open to considering candidates outside of the Houston, TX area.
As a Senior Software Developer on our high-performing Agile team, some of the items you’ll tackle include:
Analyzing your assigned HCSS product, database schema, and architecture for improvements that can increase value (ROI, benefit to team, etc.)
Implementing features for your assigned HCSS product that are significant in scope.
Working closely with other developers to enhance infrastructure, improve reliability, and efficiency
Sharing best practices at team planning, retrospective, and daily standup meetings
Coaching junior and mid-level developers
Here’s what you bring to the table:
- 5+ years of development experience in .NET using object oriented programming
- Expert knowledge of Azure cloud concepts such as:
- App Services, Azure Functions, App Insights, and app service plans (scaling)
- Expert knowledge of CI/CD concepts such as:
- Build and release pipelines, infrastructure-as-code, and slot-based deployment
- Solid working knowledge of SQL and associated database concepts (DB design and architecture, stored procedures, and basic TSQL queries)
- Experience designing RESTful APIs
- Experience with ORM such as Entity Framework or Dapper
- Experience with source control tools (i.e git)
“Nice to haves”:
- Agile development and process
- Unit Testing and test-driven development
- Experience with Bootstrap 3.0+
With the variety of amazing perks we offer to all employees (including 100% paid medical and dental premiums, on-site wellness amenities, 401(k) company matching, and more), we recognize that no one wants to feel stagnant. Therefore we’ll provide you with the resources to grow further through our continuous learning and educational advancement funds.
What are you waiting for? It’s time to take charge of your career and make your impact. The sky’s the limit on what you can achieve!
After you apply, please give us a couple days to review your application. If you pass our resume screening, we will send you a link to an 8th-grade level math logic assessment. Most people finish around 20 minutes or less. Check your spam/junk mail folder in case it's not in your inbox. You can take a practice test as many times as you want on our website here. Once you successfully pass the test, you will be scheduled for the next steps.
If you have any questions, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have a carefully selected group of agency partnerships that we’re not looking to expand at this time. Any unsolicited resumes will be deemed the property of HCSS.
This is NOT a contract position, and at this time we are NOT sponsoring H1-B Visas.