HCSS, a “Best Company to Work For in Texas” for 12 years in a row, is looking for an inspirational and influential leader to own one of our key products and drive it to further success. The ideal Senior Product Manager candidate has the ability to maintain excellent relationships at all levels of the organization and successfully work across multiple functions in the business.
Since 1986, HCSS has been developing software to help construction companies streamline their operations. We are recognized as a pioneer and leader in our market, serving thousands of construction companies across the nation. We continue to innovate, refine and expand our products as the industry evolves.
We aim to hire the best to protect our culture of helpful, friendly high achievers. We encourage and fund lifelong learning both personally and professionally. We applaud risk takers and encourage you to think like a boss and make an impact.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to be able to do the following:
- Take the HCSS product to the next level by being forward thinking, innovative and strategic in the construction market.
- Collect and analyze feedback from customers and other teams to shape requirements and product features.
- Recognize and analyze industry trends to expand the product base and vision.
- Develop a training plan for the sales team that allows them to confidently and effectively sell the benefits of the HCSS product.
- Proactively engage with Marketing to provide content needed to market and sell the product.
- Manage the complete product life cycle: Feasibility, Development, Testing, Sales, Marketing, Technical Support, and Product Launch Operations.
- Evangelize the product to internal and external stakeholders.
- Collaborate with customers, others in the industry, and company executives to develop and implement product strategy consistent with company vision.
The objectives below will be used to evaluate your ability in the first 2 months of employment regardless of your experience.
- Attend 3 sales demos of your product and create a 1-2 page report for each showing what went well and what can be improved to show more value. Provide the report to your manager.
- Present a 30 minute sales demo of your product to executives. Walk through the solution’s major features and benefits (without notes) and answer questions about the product for 30 minutes demonstrating your knowledge of the product.
- Review your product website and lead a 1 hour discussion as you critique the website and suggest improvements to better illustrate the value of the HCSS product.
- Design 3 marketing pieces (an email, a FaceBook post, and a magazine display ad) to promote your product. Present the drafts to your manager.
- Contact 3 key customers to gain insight into opportunities to improve the product. Identify opportunities that will be both impactful to the customer and address their business needs. Document your findings and discuss them with your manager.
- Have lunch with a customer that is visiting HCSS and write a report showing what you learned both about the customer and about their business needs. Discuss the report with your manager.
- Schedule and present all of the performance profile items to your manager within the first month, as well as participate in 1-on-1 meetings with your manager to discuss your progress.
- Come up with 10 arguments for why our customers should buy the HCSS product. Expand on each argument in one paragraph each and share with the executives.
- Develop a plan to market your product to HCSS customers who already own an HCSS product.
- Present what you think would be an effective and efficient sales demo for the HCSS product if you could demo the product any way that you choose.
- Contact at least 5 more customers to determine opportunities to improve the HCSS product. Identify opportunities that will be both impactful to the customer and address their business needs. Document your findings and discuss them with your manager.
- Create a diagram showing how programming requests are managed for the HCSS product. Make an alternative diagram showing process changes that you suggest. Meet with your manager to explain why you would like to make these changes.
- Work with the Marketing Department to get the approved marketing pieces that you created in month 1 produced. Present the final product to your manager.
- Have lunch with a customer that is visiting HCSS and that does not currently have your product. Sell the customer your product. Document the arguments that you used, the customers reactions to the arguments, the result of the meeting and what you would do better next time. Discuss the experience with your manager.
- Schedule and present all of the performance profile items to your manager within the first or second month, as well as participate in 1-on-1 meetings with your manager to discuss your progress.
Apply now to join the team and make an impact on your career and at HCSS!
Part of our recruitment process includes a math/logic test. HCSS will send you an email within the week after you apply containing the test link. In case this is not received, please check your spam/junk mail folder. If this is a re-application for the same position, please utilize the test link that was sent to you in your original application. This is NOT a contract position, NOT a remote position, and at this time we are NOT sponsoring H1-B Visas.