HCSS, an innovative construction software company based in Sugar Land (southwest Houston), TX and recognized as one of the “Best Companies to Work for in Texas” 14 years in a row is looking for a Senior Application Developer (.NET Web Developer) ready to jump into the latest cloud technology and build high quality software products. In this role you’ll take on more of a leadership capacity by having the opportunity to coach and mentor junior developers. We are open to considering candidates outside of the Houston, TX area.
As a Senior Application Developer on our high-performing Agile team, some of the items you’ll tackle include:
- Analyzing your assigned HCSS product, database schema, and architecture for improvements that can increase value (ROI, benefit to team, etc.)
- Implementing features for your assigned HCSS product that’s significant in scope.
- Sharing best practices at team planning, retrospective, and daily standup meetings.
- Coaching junior and mid-level Developers by building an onboarding plan and executing “Tech Talks”.
Here’s what you bring to the table:
- Ideally 7+ years of development experience in .NET using object oriented programming
- 2+ years experience in Cloud Platforms (preference for Microsoft Azure, but knowledge in Amazon Web Services and Google Cloud Platform is okay as well)
- Experience with source control tools (i.e git or TFS)
- Passion to build a product that helps construction professionals build the world
“Nice to haves”:
- Agile development and process
- Bootstrap 2.0 and/or 3.0
- RESTful services (especially Web API)
- Cloud Platforms (i.e Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform)
- Unit Testing and test-driven development
- Continuous integration (Team Foundation Services, Jenkins, Team City, etc…)
Part of our mission statement is to provide a great life for our employees so we offer a variety of amazing perks including:
- 100% paid medical and dental premiums with HRA funds of up to $3,000
- On-site wellness amenities and $1,000 wellness fund
- 401K with match
- Company-wide profit-sharing (with the five year average being 27.6% of salary) and employee stock ownership
- $1,000 continuous learning fund and up to $3,000 educational advancement funds
What are you waiting for? It’s time to take charge of your career and make your impact. The sky’s the limit on what you can achieve!
Part of our recruitment process includes an easy 8th-grade level math/logic test. Most people finish this in 15 minutes or less. HCSS will automatically send you an email after you apply with the test link. In case this is not in your inbox, please also check your spam/junk mail folder.
We have a carefully selected group of agency partnerships that we’re not looking to expand at this time. Any unsolicited resumes will be deemed the property of HCSS.
This is NOT a contract position, and at this time we are NOT sponsoring H1-B Visas. You will have to work in-person at our office in Houston, TX post-COVID.