We’re HCSS—a rapidly growing tech company that provides innovative software solutions for thousands of infrastructure construction companies. We’re based in Sugar Land, TX (on the edge of southwest Houston) and we’ve been voted by our employees as one of the “Best Companies to Work for in Texas” 14 years in a row.
Our Recruitment Marketing Intern will support the Talent Acquisition and Marketing team on various projects to help grow our brand. This is a great company if you’re looking for endless learning opportunities, want to expand your skills, and be a part of the many exciting things happening at HCSS!
If you have experience in graphic design (i.e. Adobe PhotoShop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc.), social media (Facebook, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, etc.) and/or copywriting – let’s talk! You could be the perfect fit for us. On the job or on the side, any creative work or marketing knowledge you have is great!
Our ideal candidate is:
- Currently enrolled in an accredited college/university and are able to work on-site in Sugar Land, TX. All students from freshman to grad school are welcome!
- Curious. You ask questions when unsure, provide feedback to peers and supervisors and are open to sharing creative ideas in brainstorming sessions when needed.
- Able to take charge of your personal and professional goals. You can check in with stakeholders for projects, provide updates to your progress and can receive feedback well.
- Comfortable working on projects alone or with others one on one. You’re also excited about the possibility of engaging with teams of ten or more for work and fun!
What you will be doing day to day:
- Creating, maintaining and promoting digital and print content to engage future interns and potential candidates, guiding them to a rewarding career with HCSS.
- For example, you could be designing flyers for career fairs, writing blogs for our careers page, taking photos or videos at the company picnic or scheduling and posting content on our social media pages.
- Support Recruitment Marketing strategies in collaboration with the Talent Acquisition team.
- For example, you could join brainstorming or strategy meetings, sharing ideas for new content and events or providing feedback on past initiatives.
What we will offer to you:
- We’ll work around your school schedule. During the school semester, you can work up to 25 hours a week. For major school breaks and over the summer, you can work full-time (up to 40 hours a week).
- Training and mentoring will be provided and you’ll receive feedback on your performance regularly.
- Depending on your performance, you may be given a full-time offer upon graduation and be eligible for ALL of our amazing perks, including profit sharing, continuous learning funds, a wellness fund and more.
A little more about us:
Remember that story about the man who started a tech company from his garage? You’re thinking about HCSS, aren't you? What began with one mind over 35 years ago has now expanded into a 3 building campus and we’re paving the way as a leader in the construction software industry.
What makes our story different from the other ones you’ve heard is that instead of selling our fruit from way out in Silicon Valley, we moved our operations right to your neighborhood. Conveniently located in the heart of Sugar Land, HCSS is dedicated to being a meaningful part of your community, creating growth and opportunity for our families and yours.
At HCSS, we are proud of the environment that we have created for our people, where we are encouraged to achieve our goals and enjoy our work. We love to play here, whether it’s video games with co-workers, sports with our kids, or fetch with our pups, HCSS has given us the opportunity to spend more time doing what we love. We’ve not only been voted Best Companies to Work for in Texas for the last 14 years, we’ve also been able to make connections with the best people at that company that will last us a lifetime. We truly look forward to coming to work every day, so take a minute to think about it—do you?
What are you waiting for? It’s time to take charge of your career and make your mark on the world. The sky’s the limit on what you can achieve and HCSS wants to help you get there! Apply now and explore our careers page to learn more about what makes HCSS a great place to work.
Part of our recruitment process includes an easy 8th-grade level math/logic test. Most people finish this in 15 minutes or less. HCSS will automatically send you an email after you apply with the test link. Check your spam/junk mail folder in case it's not in your inbox.
We have a carefully selected group of agency partnerships that we’re not looking to expand at this time. Any unsolicited resumes will be deemed the property of HCSS.
This is NOT a contract position, and at this time we are NOT sponsoring H1-B Visas.
Though our on campus culture is one of our favorite things about working at HCSS, for the safety of our employees and their families we are currently operating under an optional work from home policy. We will continue allowing our employees to choose whether to work from home or on-site until we fully return to the office next year.