Quality Assurance Intern (Year-Round)
**Applicants MUST be enrolled in an accredited college/university and be able to commute to the HCSS campus (based in Sugar Land, TX) during the duration of the internship. We are also NOT sponsoring H-1B visas or relocation at this time.**
Do you enjoy learning new technology? Are you detail-oriented and thorough? Do you consider yourself a logical thinker and creative problem solver? A PAID internship with the HCSS Quality Assurance group as a Quality Assurance Intern harnesses all of these characteristics while providing an introduction to the exciting and challenging world of software development. We are looking for a candidate who will be able to work with us starting in Summer 2019 and potentially continue in the Fall 2019 semester.
In this position, you will be a valuable team member in a fast-paced, Agile software development team. You will develop specialized knowledge of one or more HCSS products, advocate for quality standards, and contribute to the delivery of software products used by thousands of HCSS customers in the construction industry every day!
During your internship at HCSS, you will have the opportunity to gain valuable experience, demonstrate your skills, and accomplish the following goals:
- Gain exposure to HCSS products, technology, and business processes
- Learn software testing strategies and techniques
- Establish good working relationships with peers and coworkers
- Collaborate with your development team to accomplish daily tasks
- Participate in daily stand up meetings by discussing ongoing projects
- Track day to day activities by using our project management tools
- Perform functional testing of new software features
- Develop specialized knowledge and experience with at least one HCSS software product
- Write test cases related to the development of new software features
- Participate in a regression test for at least one HCSS software product
- Explore other software testing methodologies (Exploratory, Automation, Performance)
- Contribute to the preparation and coordination of a release of your primary product by organizing and managing test cases
- Be able to explain the phases of the software development life cycle and how quality assurance contributes to the process
- Be able to explain how all HCSS products are used and how they integrate with each other
- Make a presentation to the company summarizing what you have accomplished during your internship at HCSS
During your internship, you will be mentored by a senior member of the HCSS Quality Assurance team and receive regular feedback as to your performance.
Upon completion of your internship session, you will be given a performance evaluation. Based on company needs, you may be considered for a continuing internship or full-time employment opportunities.
Part of our recruitment process includes a math/logic test. HCSS will send you an email within the week after you apply with the test link. In case this is not in your inbox, please also check your spam/junk mail folder.