Have others mentioned that you have the organizational skills of an olympic champion? Are you ready for a new challenge where you’re making an impact that’s MORE than just managing tasks and checking off your “to-do” list milestones?
HCSS, a 13-time “Best Company to Work for in Texas” software company in Sugar Land (Houston) is searching for a Project Manager to drive key projects that make a business impact. 15% of your time is working on external customer-facing projects while the other 85% is working on internal employee-facing projects.
As a Project Manager, you’ll get to…
- Manage multiple projects tied to continuous improvement, internal processes, and customer success
- Lead and collaborate with team members from multiple departments (ex: Sales, Support, Development, etc.) to manage the overall scope of each project
We like to share how success can be achieved rather than an ambiguous “responsibilities” section you may find elsewhere. Ideally, you have at least 2+ years experience in project management which can help you accomplish the performance objectives below:
Month 1: Being part of HCSS and moving around the organization
- Conduct a 45 min powerpoint presentation about HCSS existing & new products, our industry and name some of our main customers (largest, long relationship) – Surface Level knowledge
- Conduct a 45 minute powerpoint presentation about the type of projects executed at HCSS, include 5 examples identifying project scope and teams. Highlight similarities and differences about these projects and those that you have worked on in the past, offer opportunities for improvement. Highlight similarities and differences between the way we execute/treat projects and your previous experience, suggest areas of improvement.
- Using a White Board, present to your manager and the Operations Director/VP your understanding of the Operations group, their interactions and how each group has an impact on each other; Address the following questions: how do you see your Project Management Role fit in this group? What benefits can you provide?
- UGM is a major event at HCSS every year; generate a project charter for it, including key elements such as: Scope, Timeline (general), Level 1 tasks, stakeholders, Goals, risks, etc.
Month 2: Project Management at HCSS
- Conduct a presentation about using HCSS Project Management at HCSS looking to address the following questions: 1) Based on your experience, does it reflect key aspects of daily activities any project manager needs?; which ones?; what’s missing? / 2) Would you find it useful as a tool moving forward? Yes? No? Why? What would you change?. Give your professional opinion about the tool, make suggestions, highlight positive aspects.
- Write a status report for (3) different projects at HCSS, pretending YOU are the Project Manager in charge. Provide Constructive criticism about the processes you have witnessed (Include what you would have done differently and why. Highlight any observed Project Management best practices).
- Identify a short internal project to work on month #3 and submit a written scope/project charter for approval
After month 2, your performance objectives will be determined by your manager.
With the variety of amazing perks we offer to all employees (including 100% paid medical and dental premiums, on-site wellness amenities, employee stock ownership, and more), we recognize that no one wants to feel stagnant. Therefore we’ll provide you with the resources to grow further through our continuous learning and educational advancement funds.
What are you waiting for? Join us and revolutionize the way we build software to change the world!
Part of our recruitment process includes a math/logic test. HCSS will send you an email within the week after you apply with the test link. In case this is not in your inbox, please also check your spam/junk mail folder. If this is a re-application for the same position, please utilize the test link that was sent to you in your original application.
This is NOT a contract position, NOT a remote position, and at this time we are NOT sponsoring H1-B Visas*