Pre-Sales Engineer – Job Description
We’re HCSS. We’re a software company based in Sugar Land, TX and we provide innovative solutions for the construction industry that helps streamline their operations. Our mission at HCSS is to help customers dramatically improve their business through our innovative, high-quality software and exceptionally helpful service, while providing a great life for our employees. With this mission at the forefront of everything we do, we’re recognized as a pioneer and leader in our market and nominated the “Best Companies to Work for in Texas” 15 years in a row.
WHO WE NEED:
We’re currently looking for a Pre-Sales Engineer with 3-5 years of experience to join our high-performing Enterprise Sales team and provide our customers with quality service. If you're a fit, the following things should sound like you:
You have a solid understanding of technical products and services. You understand ERP’s, integration platforms, and enterprise IT requirements and policies.
Comfortable with ambiguity.
You’re quick on your feet and prefer a challenge. You are someone who is thrilled by the opportunity to participate in the stand up of a new function.
You have the ability to provide software demos tailored to customer use cases, discuss integration and security architecture with customer IT, and propose solution architecture based on customer requirements.
You pride yourself on your communication skills—particularly the ability to listen to customer needs and clearly explain options for addressing those needs.
You're the kind of person who knows how to make things happen—the kind of person who can't just sit back and wait for something to come along. You take initiative.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
In this role as a Pre-Sales Engineer, you are joining a collaborative, solutions-based team and have the opportunity to make an immediate impact. These are what your responsibilities will look like:
- Lead software demos based on customer-specific use cases. Demos range from short product overviews to in-depth proof of concept scenarios.
- Partner with field sales to understand customer needs and lead discovery sessions with customers at critical junctures in the sales cycle.
- Work with teams across the organization (including but not limited to groups such as Professional services, Cloud Services, Product Management and Development) to develop solution architecture and implementation recommendations for complex projects.
- Complete Statements of Work outlining solution architecture and implementation requirements for complex implementations.
- Participate in the continuous improvement and set up of the new pre-sales function by creating or improving on templates, procedures and tools.
- Engage with customers and partners on major projects to ensure successful delivery, providing necessary escalations or interventions if needed.
- Engage contractors, implementation consultants, and product partners to augment HCSS delivery capabilities.
WHY WORK WITH US?
- You’ll work on the leading edge of what HCSS has to offer while gaining exposure to our largest customers and most unique projects.
- Not only will your success contribute directly to the growth of our Enterprise sales, but you'll also be responsible for leading a team that oversees the successful delivery of projects.
- You'll be able to use your skills and expertise to develop scalable, enterprise-wide solutions. This is a great way to enhance your career in technology and even leadership.
BENEFITS & PERKS:
Part of our mission statement is to provide a great life for our employees. We believe that happy employees make for a better company, so we take care of them. Here are a few of the perks we offer:
- Flexibility for you to work in-office, hybrid or remote.
- Medical and Dental Premiums.
- On-site amenities including covered basketball court, soccer field, 200-meter track, etc.
- Dog-friendly campus.
- 401K with match.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- And more!
After you apply, please give us a couple days to review your application.
This is NOT a contract position, and at this time we are NOT sponsoring H1-B Visas.
If you have any questions, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have a carefully selected group of agency partnerships that we’re not looking to expand at this time. Any unsolicited resumes will be deemed the property of HCSS.