Organizational Development Intern
Want a leg up in preparation for the “real world” and work on impactful projects? If so, we have some pretty exciting news for you!
Here’s your chance to be an Organizational Development Intern at HCSS, 14x winner of the “Best Company to Work for in Texas!” Being a software company in the construction realm, we’re constantly innovating and playing with the latest tools. Instead of being bogged down by a ton of “red tape”, you’ll have opportunities to innovate and help our team attract, develop, and retain all-star talent.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- You’re currently enrolled in a local accredited college/university and can commute to our office in Sugar Land, TX.
- A huge plus if you’re able to work year-round (more than one semester) with us. Preferably, you are a junior or senior pursuing a Bachelor's degree (not necessarily in Management/HR).
- You must be detail-oriented, self-driven and can pick up things quickly. Asking the right questions is a fast way of learning things.
- A collaborative, people-oriented person who consistently shares ideas. Teamwork makes the dream work!
Some tasks that you’ll tackle:
- Assist the Talent Acquisition team with the recruiting process and find ways to improve our candidates’ interview experiences
- Design and execute a team event with the Culture Team and help drive and measure employee engagement
- Create content for our careers website, social media pages, #insideHCSS blog, and quarterly company-wide newsletters
- Plan and participate in college recruiting events with local universities/colleges (virtual/onsite)
What can you expect?
- You must be able to work at least 10-15 hours a week (preferably more, up to 25 hours). We’ll work around your school schedule.
- Training will be provided and you’ll receive feedback on your work every week.
- Depending on your performance, you may be given a full-time offer upon graduation and be eligible for all our amazing perks!
Part of our recruitment process includes an easy 8th-grade level math/logic test. Most people finish this in 15 minutes or less. HCSS will automatically send you an email after you apply with the test link. In case this is not in your inbox, please also check your spam/junk mail folder.
We have a carefully selected group of agency partnerships that we’re not looking to expand at this time. Any unsolicited resumes will be deemed the property of HCSS.
This is NOT a contract position, and at this time we are NOT sponsoring H1-B Visas. You will have to work in-person at our office in Houston, TX post-COVID.