Want a leg up in preparation for the “real world” and work on impactful projects? If so, we have some pretty exciting news for you!
Here’s your chance to be a Organizational Development Intern at HCSS, 13x winner of the “Best Company to Work for in Texas!” Being a software company in the construction realm, we’re constantly innovating and playing with the latest tools. Instead of being bogged down by a ton of “red tape”, you’ll have opportunities to innovate and help our team attract, develop, and retain all-star talent.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- You’re currently enrolled in a local accredited college/university and can commute to our office in Sugar Land, TX.
- A huge plus if you’re able to work year-round (more than one semester) with us. Preferably, you are a junior or senior pursuing a Bachelor's degree (not necessarily in Management/HR).
- Preferably, you are able to work during the Fall 2020, Winter Break, and Spring 2021.
- You must be detail-oriented, self-driven and can pick up things quickly. Asking the right questions is a fast way of learning things.
- We are a collaborative team, sharing ideas consistently with each other. Teamwork makes the dream work!
Here are some expectations that you will have to complete for the first two months:
- Learn about HCSS’ recruitment process and workflow. Present to the Talent Acquisition team about the candidate’s journey and opportunities for improvement to provide a stellar candidate experience. You may use a presentation medium of your choice.
- Shadow a candidate tour with a member of the Talent Acquisition team in-office, if possible. Afterwards, review the candidate perks sheets and do a tour for one candidate. Suggest improvements on the tour to the Talent Acquisition team for feedback and implement them for future candidates onsite.
- Virtually shadow a member of the Talent Acquisition team to learn the scheduling and verification test for candidates’ interviews. Afterwards, successfully schedule and oversee a verification test for at least one candidate on your own.
- Participate in at least one culture event for HCSS employees. Work with other members of the Culture Team to design and execute a new event to engage the staff. Measure the attendance and engagement for the event and report to the Organizational Development Team.
- Schedule weekly 1-1’s with your manager to share your progress, the challenges you have encountered, and how you plan to overcome them.
- Shadow at least one training for HCSS employees. Share what you learned and suggest improvements for future classes. With the Organizational Development team’s feedback, start creating a training for interns.
- Curate and create culture content for the careers website, Inside HCSS blog, talent branding pages, and quarterly HCSS newsletters. Work closely with a member of the Organizational Development team to determine types of content, channels for distribution, and effectiveness.
- Set up a time once every week to clean up candidates’ data in our Applicant Tracking System: Greenhouse. Run reports as necessary and present to the Talent Acquisition team.
- Work closely with a member of the Talent Acquisition team to connect with student organizations and/or university career centers to plan out new virtual or onsite activities for college recruitment for the following school semester/year. Suggest at least 3 partnerships to build out and explain your reasons why, including the frequency of events, costs, and potential ROI.
- Suggest at least 2 improvements on the HCSS Internship Program from your experience as an intern. Share with the Organizational Development team for feedback and implement it.
What can you expect?
- You must be able to work at least 10-15 hours a week (preferably more, up to 25 hours). We’ll work around your school schedule.
- Training will be provided and you’ll receive feedback on your work every week.
- Depending on your performance, you may be given a full-time offer upon graduation and be eligible for all our amazing perks!
Part of our recruitment process includes a math/logic test. HCSS will send you an email within the week after you apply with the test link. In case this is not in your inbox, please also check your spam/junk mail folder. If this is a re-application for the same position, please utilize the test link that was sent to you in your original application.
We have a carefully selected group of agency partnerships that we’re not looking to expand at this time. Any unsolicited resumes will be deemed the property of HCSS.
This is NOT a contract position, and at this time we are NOT sponsoring H1-B Visas. You will work remotely during COVID with the need to relocate to Houston post-COVID (relocation assistance may be possible).