Multi-building network design with multi-cloud integration, robust infrastructure, Next-Gen security implementation, all this sounds interesting and you have a hand in all of it. Why? Because you are HCSS’s Network Administrator. You have the right technology that allows you to meet organization goals and be successful in your role. You have the freedom to experiment and you are a contributor to initiatives across the organization.
HCSS, a 14-time “Best Places to Work in Texas” is seeking a forward thinking, creative, and innovative Network Administrator capable of architecting, managing, and working alongside our world-class IT team.
The ideal candidate will have a proven record as a business partner with a track record of leadership and strong technical abilities in security and network technologies. Growth trajectory for this role is not limited to the IT Department only.
We like to share how success can be achieved rather than an ambiguous “responsibilities” section you may find elsewhere. Below are objectives that will be used to evaluate your abilities in your first year here:
Essential Position Functions:
- Produce a detailed diagram of the network infrastructure highlighting bottlenecks or failure points, provide at least 3 suggestions for issues you identify.
- Independently configure a Testing VLAN consisting of 5 Switch ports with priority given to voice packets, and web traffic blocked.
- Present a 15 minute overview of how to effectively troubleshoot inter-VLAN Bonjour related issues.
- Expand the DHCP pool on Testing VLAN
- Reinitialize NGFW and restore most recent backup configuration for use in test lab
- Review our cyber security suite, identifying potential holes. Conduct a 30 minute information session on how these issues should be addressed.
- Respond independently and accurately to at least 25 service tickets by the end of month 2.
- Present a patching and firmware deployment plan for switch stacks, firewalls, and APs.
- Research how we can strengthen our network security posture as well as new innovation in the industry. Provide a proposal and presentation if you see a need for us to adopt the solution or findings.
- Simulate a 50GB and 100GB traffic load between any fiber links and present your findings.
- Produce a network design anticipating 50% increase in user and network load
- Perform our patch cycle for network infrastructure based on plan delivered in Month 2
- Respond independently to at least 40 service tickets by end of Month 3
- Deliver a presentation on End-user security and best practices for securing home networks at our company-wide lunch meetings
- Take a leadership role in learning and sharing knowledge about network and cyber security. Build partner with DevSecOps team.
- Review and update internal documentation and diagrams for our deployment
If you think you can take up on these tasks, then apply right now! It’s time to take charge of your career and make your impact. The sky’s the limit on what you can achieve!
Part of our recruitment process includes an easy 8th-grade level math/logic test. Most people finish this in 15 minutes or less. HCSS will automatically send you an email after you apply with the test link. Check your spam/junk mail folder in case it's not in your inbox.
We have a carefully selected group of agency partnerships that we’re not looking to expand at this time. Any unsolicited resumes will be deemed the property of HCSS.
This is NOT a contract position, and at this time we are NOT sponsoring H1-B Visas.
Though our on campus culture is one of our favorite things about working at HCSS, for the safety of our employees and their families we are currently operating under an optional work from home policy. We will continue allowing our employees to choose whether to work from home or on-site until we fully return to the office in early 2022.