We’re HCSS. We’re a software company based in Sugar Land, TX and we provide innovative solutions for the construction industry that helps streamline their operations. Our mission at HCSS is to help customers dramatically improve their business through our innovative, high-quality software and exceptionally helpful service, while providing a great life for our employees. With this mission at the forefront of everything we do, we’re recognized as a pioneer and leader in our market and nominated the “Best Companies to Work for in Texas” 14 years in a row.
WHO WE NEED:
We’re currently looking for a Senior Software Developer with 5+ years of development experience using .NET object oriented programming to join our high-performing Development team and provide our customers with quality service. If you're a fit, the following things should sound like you:
- 5+ years of development experience in .NET using object oriented programming
- Expert knowledge of Azure cloud concepts such as: App Services, Azure Functions, App Insights, and app service plans (scaling)
- Expert knowledge of CI/CD concepts such as: Build and release pipelines, infrastructure-as-code, and slot-based deployment
- Solid working knowledge of SQL and associated database concepts (DB design and architecture, stored procedures, and basic TSQL queries)
- Experience designing RESTful APIs
- Experience with ORM such as Entity Framework or Dapper
- Analyzing your assigned HCSS product, database schema, and architecture for improvements that can increase value (ROI, benefit to team, etc.)
- Implementing features for your assigned HCSS product that are significant in scope.
- Working closely with other developers to enhance infrastructure, improve reliability, and efficiency
- Sharing best practices at team planning, retrospective, and daily standup meetings
WHY WORK WITH OUR DEVELOPMENT TEAM?
- Build products of real value. We work as partners with our customers from the construction industry by understanding their problems and offering modern technical solutions.
- Freedom to fail. We focus more on someone’s strengths than their current title or role. People are encouraged to offer unexpected solutions that challenge the normal way of doing things.
- Be a mentor and coach. We see every employee as worthy of investment, and we value people who can teach and motivate the team around them.
- Work and fun. You are more than just the code you write. We foster an atmosphere where teams are frequently organizing activities and get togethers.
BENEFITS & PERKS:
Part of our mission statement is to provide a great life for our employees. We believe that happy employees make for a better company, so we take care of them. Here are a few of the perks we offer:
- Flexibility for you to work in-office, hybrid or remote.
- Medical and Dental Premiums covered 100% with HRA funds of up to $3,000.
- On-site wellness amenities and $1,000 wellness fund.
- 401K with match.
- Company-wide profit-sharing.
- $1,000 continuous learning fund and up to $3,000 educational advancement funds.
After you apply, please give us a couple days to review your application. If you pass our resume screening, we will send you a link to a math logic assessment. Most people finish around 20 minutes or less. Check your spam/junk mail folder in case it's not in your inbox. You can take a practice test as many times as you want on our website here. Once you successfully pass the test, you will be scheduled for the next steps.
If you have any questions, please reach out to us at email@example.com.
We have a carefully selected group of agency partnerships that we’re not looking to expand at this time. Any unsolicited resumes will be deemed the property of HCSS.
This is NOT a contract position, and at this time we are NOT sponsoring H1-B Visas.