HCSS, an innovative construction software company based in Sugar Land (southwest Houston), TX and recognized as one of the “Best Companies to Work for in Texas” 14 years in a row is looking for a Mid-level Application Developer (.NET Web Developer) ready to jump into the latest cloud technology and build high quality software products. You’ll be surrounded by a high performing Agile team of 5-8 other software developers solving unique development problems faced by our customers. We are open to considering candidates outside of the Houston, TX area.
As a SoftareDeveloper on our high-performing Agile team, some of the items you’ll tackle include:
- Analyzing your assigned HCSS product, database schema, and architecture for improvements that can increase value (ROI, benefit to team, etc.)
- Implementing features for your assigned HCSS product that’s significant in scope.
- Sharing best practices at team planning, retrospective, and daily standup meetings.
Here’s what you bring to the table:
- 3 – 7 years of development experience in .NET using object oriented programming
- Experience with source control tools (i.e git or TFS)
- Passion to build a product that helps construction professionals build the world
“Nice to haves”:
- Agile development and process
- Bootstrap 2.0 and/or 3.0
- RESTful services (especially Web API)
- Cloud Platforms (i.e Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform)
- Unit Testing and test-driven development
- Continuous integration (Team Foundation Services, Jenkins, Team City, etc…)
With the variety of amazing perks we offer to all employees (including 100% paid medical and dental premiums, on-site wellness amenities, 401(k) company matching, and more), we recognize that no one wants to feel stagnant. Therefore we’ll provide you with the resources to grow further through our continuous learning and educational advancement funds.
Part of our recruitment process includes an easy 8th-grade level math/logic test. Most people finish this in 15 minutes or less. HCSS will automatically send you an email after you apply with the test link. Check your spam/junk mail folder in case it's not in your inbox.
We have a carefully selected group of agency partnerships that we’re not looking to expand at this time. Any unsolicited resumes will be deemed the property of HCSS.
This is NOT a contract position, and at this time we are NOT sponsoring H1-B Visas.
Though our on campus culture is one of our favorite things about working at HCSS, for the safety of our employees and their families we are currently operating under an optional work from home policy. We will continue allowing our employees to choose whether to work from home or on-site until we fully return to the office next year.