Instructional Designer – Job Description
We’re HCSS. We’re a software company based in Sugar Land, TX and we provide innovative solutions for the construction industry that helps streamline their operations. Our mission at HCSS is to help customers dramatically improve their business through our innovative, high-quality software and exceptionally helpful service, while providing a great life for our employees. With this mission at the forefront of everything we do, we’re recognized as a pioneer and leader in our market and nominated the “Best Companies to Work for in Texas” 14 years in a row.
We’re currently looking for an Instructional Designer to join our high-performing Education Services team to help create and deliver engaging and effective training and content. You'll work with our internal and external customers in order to better understand their goals and design learning experiences that will take learner development to new heights.
- Ability to work in the office for the first 90 days of employment.
- Well-versed in the application of design methodologies including but not limited to: ADDIE model, Kirkpatrick’s model, Bloom’s Taxonomy, Ganges’ 9 events of learning, e-learning, competency-based education and interactive learning experiences.
- Experience in designing authentic assessments and engaging course content.
- Demonstrated commitment to customer satisfaction: exceptional skills in collaboration, consultation, communication, customer support, data analysis, and time management.
- Strong Project Management skills; the ability to plan, organize and successfully coordinate multiple priorities and projects to meet all deadlines and deliverables.
- Ability to manage time and work independently.
- Proficiency and experience in industry standard authoring tools, as well as digital, graphics media, audio, animation, and video production tools, to create impactful content and courses. (HTML, XML, Adobe Creative Suite, Camtasia, Articulate)
- Skill in production and acquisition of instructional materials including graphics and interactive media elements.
- Familiar with Learning management systems and their functions (Moodle, Canvas, Blackboard, etc.)
- High level of research and needs analysis skills to develop and deliver meaningful learning experiences.
- Ability to oversee the development of instructional content that aligns with course objectives and competencies.
- Knowledge and understanding of competency-based education instructional design best practices.
- Strong ability to communicate online using e-mail, chat rooms, videoconferencing and other technology based on communication media.
- Professional attitude and demeanor paired with a solution-focused mindset, positive attitude, attention to detail and customer service focus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Conduct research and collaborate with subject experts.
- Create instructional material: courses, curriculum, student guides, video, audio, interactive learning tools, and/or training manuals.
- Design content to optimize learning.
- Manage project development including facilitating all stages of the ADDIE process from analysis to evaluation.
- Create consistent templates to help SME's with content creation.
- Transform instructor-led courses to high-quality blended learning courses utilizing innovative and effective eLearning tools and instructional strategies to ensure learner success.
- Produce technical user guides and online help documentation using Gainsight PX to provide guidance on various software features.
- Identify emerging systems needs for internal and external customers.
- Help train power users on creating quality content and managing engagement for their events/platforms.
- Help the Education Services Supervisor and Manager track performance and analyze usage.
BENEFITS & PERKS:
Part of our mission statement is to provide a great life for our employees. We believe that happy employees make for a better company, so we take care of them. Here are a few of the perks we offer:
- Flexibility for you to work in-office, hybrid or remote.
- Medical and Dental Premiums covered 100% for employees with HRA funds of up to $3,000.
- On-site wellness amenities and $1,000 wellness fund.
- 401K with match.
- $1,000 continuous learning fund and up to $3,000 educational advancement funds.
After you apply, please give us a couple days to review your application. If you pass our resume screening, we will send you a link to a math logic assessment. Most people finish around 20 minutes or less. Check your spam/junk mail folder in case it's not in your inbox. You can take a practice test as many times as you want on our website here. Once you successfully pass the test, you will be scheduled for the next steps.
If you have any questions, please reach out to us at email@example.com.
We have a carefully selected group of agency partnerships that we’re not looking to expand at this time. Any unsolicited resumes will be deemed the property of HCSS.
This is NOT a contract position, and at this time we are NOT sponsoring H1-B Visas.