HCSS, an 13-time “Best Company to Work For in Texas” software company in Sugar Land (southwest side of Houston) is searching for a Implementation Specialist to join our 20+ person Professional Services team.
You’ll be traveling (up to 50-60% of your time, fully-paid) to different areas of the country, taking a consultative approach to implementing and training construction professionals on our suite of software solutions
As an Implementation Specialist, you’ll get to:
- Learn and utilize our 90 day implementation process including developing success milestones, completing project deliverables, and by building processes to improve a customers business.
- Develop expertise in HCSS products on the technical support side and implement business solutions and change management practices for client success.
- Perform mock scenarios prior to starting live sessions to learn how to deal with different implementation engagements you’ll encounter.
- Lead an on-site implementation from start to finish with your customers
In this unique role, you’ll build on your training, change management, and critical problem-solving skills to ensure customers have a positive experience. Over time you’ll grow into a senior implementation role or even transition into a consultative, product management, or major accounts position.
We like to share how success can be achieved rather than an ambiguous “responsibilities” section you may find elsewhere. Ideally, you have at least a few years experience utilizing a consultative approach in your software implementations and training which can help you accomplish the performance objectives below:
Month 1 – Technical Support
- Score higher than 90% on the HeavyBid and HeavyJob New Analyst Learning Assessments.
- Create 5 articles on the topics of your choice [even non-product related] that are informative, adhere to our Article Content Standard, and meet a minimum Article Quality Score of 85% as graded by your KCS coach.
- Give a 30-45 presentation to your Supervisor and Manager that demonstrates your mastery of the install and update processes of HeavyBid and HeavyJob and a live walkthrough of the software.
Month 2 – Technical Support/Implementation
Mon – Tues: Implementation | Wed – Fri: Support
- Present a 30 minute overview of HeavyJob’s major features and benefits and use a whiteboard to illustrate its integration points with other HCSS products.
- Evaluate a HeavyJob design session. Present to your manager what went well, what can be improved, and identify any risks to the customer implementing HeavyJob successfully.
- Document a technical requirements call for a new customer. Explain the customer’s integration points between HeavyJob and their Accounting System in a whiteboard presentation to your manager.
- Reinforce concepts introduced in the first month by reviewing all Level 1 Subject Matter Expert modules for HeavyBid and HeavyJob and completing the related assessments with a score of 90% or higher.
- Draw on what you’ve learned to successfully resolve at least 25 live, supervised customer support cases, with exemplary demonstration of case workflow, knowledge reuse or capture, and case documentation [average 80% or higher on Case Review].
- Sharpen your case workflow and problem solving skills by thoroughly and accurately resolving at least 75 simulated support cases.
After month 2 (part of your onboarding period), you’ll start transitioning more into the Implementation Specialist role.
With the variety of amazing perks we offer to all employees (including 100% paid medical and dental premiums, on-site wellness amenities, employee stock ownership, and more), we recognize that no one wants to feel stagnant. Therefore we’ll provide you with the resources to grow further through our continuous learning and educational advancement funds.
What are you waiting for? It’s time to take charge of your career and make your impact. The sky’s the limit on what you can achieve!
Part of our recruitment process includes a math/logic test. HCSS will send you an email within the week after you apply with the test link. In case this is not in your inbox, please also check your spam/junk mail folder. If this is a re-application for the same position, please utilize the test link that was sent to you in your original application.
This is NOT a contract position, NOT a remote position, and at this time we are NOT sponsoring H1-B Visas*