Are you looking for an opportunity to work on a brand that impacts the bigger picture and aims to create a nationwide perceptual shift?
HCSS, an 12-time “Best Company to Work For in Texas” software company in Sugar Land (southwest side of Houston) is searching for an I Build America – Brand Marketing Manager to join our 20+ person marketing team.
Your focus will be to lead the national marketing and fundraising efforts and ensure the continued brand growth of I Build America.
What is I Build America? It is an image-building movement dedicated to showing the value that the men and women in construction bring to our modern life. Our purpose is to instill pride within the construction industry and inspire the next generation of young people by telling the story of American construction.
- are excited to make an impact.
- enjoy thinking strategically and coming up with campaigns.
- have an eye for developing compelling promotional collateral.
- consider yourself a great storyteller and content developer.
- can tap into your creative side and storyboard multimedia presentations.
- are comfortable with public speaking (at least to small groups).
- can brainstorm and execute fundraising ideas to drive this campaign even further.
- juggle multiple projects at the same time without skipping a beat.
- understand and manage the day-to-day stuff (budgets, invoices, inventory, etc.)
Then this will be your dream role. You’ll be reporting to our Director of Marketing and collaborate regularly with our CEO to execute his vision.
The objectives below will be used to evaluate your ability in the first 2 months regardless of your experience.
- Develop a plan for the launch of the IBA (I Build America) blog. This should include content calendars, timelines for content creation, and tactics
- Execute the current IBA fundraising email campaign plan
- Design and establish the process and execution of a monthly electronic newsletter
- Create a recommended usage plan for IBA construction industry resource library materials provided on the IBA website
- Evaluate and make recommendations to make the IBA merchandise and store meet objectives while controlling costs
- Review the 2018 Construction Appreciation Week website and compile a list of updates to prepare the site for 2019
- Schedule and present all performance profile items to your manager within the first month, as well as ongoing 1-on-1 meetings with your manager to discuss your progress.
- Recruit 5 new ambassadors for the IBA blog/monthly newsletter to contribute stories, pictures or other content
- Collaborate with the graphic design team and web team to implement the Construction Career Map Implementation feature on the IBA website
- Plan at least 6 promotional tactics for Q1 2019 and get them approved by the CEO
- Propose an advertising campaign for 2019
- Evaluate what IBA did for CAW and develop a list of potential partners/sponsors for 2019 (CAT). Propose 3 new potential activations for CAW
- Schedule and present all performance profile items to your manager within the month, as well as ongoing 1-on-1 meetings with your manager to discuss your progress.
After month 2, the performance objectives will be determined by your manager.
What are you waiting for? Take your marketing expertise to the next level by impacting the construction industry and apply today!
Part of our recruitment process includes a math/logic test. HCSS will send you an email within the week after you apply with the test link. In case this is not in your inbox, please also check your spam/junk mail folder. If this is a re-application for the same position, please utilize the test link that was sent to you in your original application.
This is NOT a contract position, NOT a remote position, and at this time we are NOT sponsoring H1-B Visas*