HR Operations Intern
Want a leg up in preparation for the “real world” and work on impactful projects? If so, we have some pretty exciting news for you!
Here’s your chance to be a HR Operations Intern at HCSS, 13x winner of the “Best Company to Work for in Texas!” Being a software company in the construction realm, we’re constantly innovating and playing with the latest tools. Instead of being bogged down by a ton of “red tape”, you’ll have opportunities to innovate and help our team attract, develop, and retain all-star talent.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- You’re currently enrolled in a local accredited college/university and can commute to our office in Sugar Land, TX.
- A huge plus if you’re able to work year-round and not graduating before May 2021.
- We welcome applicants with little-to-no HR experience!
- You’re self-driven and can pick up things quickly. Asking the right questions is a fast way of learning things.
- You’re collaborative and can convey your ideas confidently.
Here are some expectations that you will have to complete for the first two months:
- Learn about HCSS’ recruitment process and workflow. Present to the whole HR team about the candidate’s journey. You may use a presentation medium of your choice.
- Go on a customer tour with a member of the Professional Services team and a candidate tour with a member of the Talent Acquisition team. Afterwards, review the candidate perks sheets and do a tour for one candidate. Suggest improvements on the tour to the HR team for feedback and implement them.
- Shadow a member of the Talent Acquisition team to learn the nuances of scheduling and the tools they use. Afterwards, schedule at least one candidate on your own with a Talent Acquisition Advisor overseeing you.
- Shadow at least 2 onsite interviews for any of our open positions. Share what you learned with the HR Team.
- Schedule bi-weekly 1-on-1s with your supervisor/manager to share your progress, the challenges you have encountered, and how you plan to overcome them.
- Identify at least 5-10 Key Performance Indicators (KPI) to help analyze the team’s performance objectively.
- Create at least 3 KPI reports and present your findings on our performance to the whole HR team. Discuss our strengths and weaknesses.
- Gather content for the careers website, talent branding pages, and quarterly HCSS newsletters.
- Set up a time once every week to clean up and organize the data in our Applicant Tracking System: Greenhouse.
- Propose an idea to help improve the HCSS Internship Program from your experience as well as other intern’s opinions. Share with the TA team for feedback and implement it.
What can you expect?
- You must be able to work at least 15 hours a week (preferably more, up to 25 hours). We’ll work around your school schedule.
- Training will be provided and you’ll receive feedback on your work regularly.
- Depending on your performance, you may be given a full-time offer upon graduation and be eligible for all our amazing benefits!
Did we mention that we’ll pay you too? That’s money towards your student loans, a fun night out in town, or for your next trip abroad! So what are you waiting for? Apply right now!
Part of our recruitment process includes a math/logic test. HCSS will send you an email within the week after you apply with the test link. In case this is not in your inbox, please also check your spam/junk mail folder.
This is NOT a contract position, NOT a remote position, and at this time we are NOT sponsoring H1-B Visas*