HCSS, a 12-time “Best Company to Work For in Texas” software company in Sugar Land (southwest side of Houston) is searching for a HR Manager.
We're looking for someone who:
- Has genuine passion for developing and growing people.
- Is comfortable working in ambiguity and has the aptitude to learn and leverage problem solving skills to deliver effective solutions.
- Has the ability to influence stakeholders at every level across the organization.
- Is a self-starter and comfortable with rolling up your sleeves to get things done.
- Has a solid HR generalist background, but is comfortable in a non-traditional and challenging HR role.
What you'll do all day:
- Focus on helping us grow and improve in the key areas of Talent Acquisition, Employee Onboarding, Learning & Career Development, and Employee Engagement/Culture.
- Work with and assist the Talent Acquisition team on promoting our inclusive employer brand as well as interviewing and assessing candidates.
- Work closely with the CEO and senior leadership to help build a positive, productive, and fun culture that people want to be part of.
- Provide coaching and guidance to employees and lead employee development and organization performance.
- Coach, advise, and support our leaders to identify and proactively address performance and employee issues.
A few reasons why you might love us:
- We're a leader and innovator in the space. You get the benefits of being part of a 300+ employees and growing company, with an entrepreneurial culture.
- You’ll work with smart and determined individuals who love to collaborate to make a direct impact on the organization.
- You’ll find that we go way beyond what most companies do to support and develop our employees.
And a few reasons why you may not like working for us:
- If adaptability and flexibility is not your thing, you won’t excel at this position.
- You are not open to trying different approaches and prefer commonly accepted processes.
- You expect to be told what to do.
- You would feel uncomfortable working regularly with the CEO of a 300 person company.
While HR experience is fine, the more important factors are having a sharp mind and a strong passion for people development. The following objectives will be used to evaluate your ability in the first 2 months.
- Complete the supervisory evaluation document and submit to the CEO for feedback and discussion (typical time to complete document is 5 – 10 hours).
- Identify characteristics of the organizational culture and two sub-cultures within HCSS. Give a 45-minute presentation or develop a 3 – 4 page document illustrating these cultures.
- Screen a provided set of resumes for an open position within HCSS. Determine whether each candidate should be considered for an interview and justify your recommendation to the CEO.
- Participate in at least three interviews of candidates for a posted position within HCSS. Evaluate the candidates and recommend whether they should proceed in the hiring process.
- Attend all the month 1 on-boarding classes (generally 3 or 4). Following each class prepare a 1-page analysis of the class giving feedback on content and suggestions for improvement.
- Create a process flow of the current employee performance review process. Give your impression of the pros and cons of the current process and suggestions for improvement. Present your recommendations to the executive team.
- Review the most recent “Best Place to Work in Texas” survey details and make recommendations for how we could improve our ranking by using this information.
- Schedule and present all performance profile items to your manager within the first month, as well as ongoing 1-on-1 meetings with your manager to discuss your progress.
- Summarize the main themes to the 300 answers in the “Ask Mike” Questions.
- Select a relevant topic of your choice within HR/Employee Development and deliver a 30-minute presentation on that topic to the executive group.
- Assess all members of the HR team. Identify team strengths and weaknesses. Review assessment with the CEO.
- Review the career website and lead a 1-hour discussion regarding both the strengths and weaknesses of the website and suggest improvements (Note: None of the evaluators were involved in creating the existing site).
- Attend all the month 2 on-boarding classes. Create an evaluation heuristic for all on-boarding class instructors to use to evaluate and coach the new hires from the information learned in those classes.
- Participate in at least 10 interviews of candidates and their evaluations in the hiring meetings.
- Schedule and present all performance profile items to your manager within the second month, as well as ongoing 1-on-1 meetings with your manager to discuss your progress.
What are you waiting for? If you are ready to take on this opportunity that will not only transform how HR successfully impacts a $50+ million company, but also your own career, then apply today!
Part of our recruitment process includes a math/logic test. HCSS will send you an email within the week after you apply with the test link. In case this is not in your inbox, please also check your spam/junk mail folder. If this is a re-application for the same position, please utilize the test link that was sent to you in your original application.
This is a full-time non-remote position. We are not sponsoring H1-B Visas.