HCSS, an innovative construction software company based in Sugar Land (southwest Houston), TX and recognized as one of the “Best Companies to Work for in Texas” 14 years in a row is looking for a Facilities Specialist (part time) to help us maintain our incredible facility.
Caring for our employees, maintaining our buildings and facilities, and giving back to the local community are top priorities for the Facilities team at HCSS. Our Facilities team performs necessary repairs and partners with various vendors to ensure availability and optimal performance of our building systems. If you have experience in buildings and grounds maintenance, facilities management, painting, HVAC or other commercial building maintenance then this position may be right for you.
Some of the characteristics we are looking for in a Facilities Specialist:
- A motivated self-starter who doesn't wait to be told what to do. When they see a task that needs to be done, they tackle it!
- Someone who is reliable and dependable. You can be counted on to get the job done right.
- An intelligent individual who is proficient with basic technology (email correspondence, computer navigation, basic typing skills).
- Major plus if you can do any of the following: HVAC work, electrical, carpentry, plumbing, or preventive maintenance work.
- A humble and hard-working individual who isn’t above mopping a floor. At HCSS, we all pitch in to care for our facility.
- Ability to communicate in English. Being bilingual is a plus (Spanish)!
If these characteristics sound like you, apply now!
Performance Profile for Facilities Specialist:
- Demonstrate knowledge of AC and lighting building controls systems in a 15 minute presentation.
- Complete 5 desk setups including furniture, IT, and environment needs.
- Conduct a campus tour highlighting areas of importance for HCSS and Facilities.
- Participate in at least one company wide event
- Demonstrate knowledge of campus irrigation systems in a 30 minute walkthrough with the Facilities Manager.
- Demonstrate your understanding of various HCSS products and 3rd party software used by Facilities in a 15 minute demonstration.
- Identify all departments, evacuation and emergency areas, and other areas of importance on the campus map.
- Participate in at least two company-wide events.
- Identify two areas for improvements in building maintenance processes or department-wide initiatives and present to the Facilities Manager.
- Show proficiency in wall patching & painting, and carpentry skills through 3 projects.
- Conduct an inspection walkthrough of campus and identify at least 10 areas needing corrective action.
- Help plan, budget, attend, and participate in 3 company wide / community events.
- Create a plan on how you will support company-wide events moving forward and present to the Facilities Manager.
Part of our recruitment process includes an easy 8th-grade level math/logic test. Most people finish this in 15 minutes or less. HCSS will automatically send you an email after you apply with the test link. In case this is not in your inbox, please also check your spam/junk mail folder.
We have a carefully selected group of agency partnerships that we’re not looking to expand at this time. Any unsolicited resumes will be deemed the property of HCSS.
This is NOT a contract position, and at this time we are NOT sponsoring H1-B Visas. You will have to work in-person at our office in Houston, TX.