HCSS, a 12-time “Best Company to Work For in Texas” software company in Sugar Land (southwest side of Houston) is searching for an Employee Engagement & Career Development Manager.
Your focus will be leading the key areas of Leadership Development, Learning & Career Development, Employee Engagement/Culture. On a smaller scale you’ll be involved with Talent Acquisition and Onboarding. This is NOT a Benefits, Payroll, or Compliance-focused Administrative position.
In this unique role, you’ll strategically implement best practices to help us hire, grow, and retain game-changing talent as we grow from 300 employees to a much larger world class organization. This will be a rewarding opportunity for you lead a team and embrace the challenges of working closely with the CEO and senior leadership to maintain and improve a Best Place to Work culture.
You don’t have to be an expert in HR, but you do need to have a sharp mindset and a strong passion for people development. The following objectives will be used to evaluate your ability in the first 2 months.
- Complete the supervisory evaluation document and submit to the CEO for feedback and discussion (typical time to complete document is 5 – 10 hours).
- Identify characteristics of the organizational culture and three sub-cultures within HCSS. Give a 45-minute presentation or develop a 3 – 4 page document illustrating these cultures.
- Screen a provided set of resumes for an open position within HCSS. Determine whether each candidate should be considered for an interview and justify your recommendation to the CEO.
- Participate in at least three interviews of candidates for a posted position within HCSS. Evaluate the candidates and recommend whether they should proceed in the hiring process.
- Attend all the month 1 onboarding classes (generally 3 or 4). Following each class prepare a 1-page analysis of the class giving feedback on content and suggestions for improvement.
- Create a process flow of the current employee performance review process. Revise the diagram to show process changes you would like to make. Present your recommendations to the executive team.
- Review past employee surveys. Develop an employee engagement program, including a survey, that assesses employee engagement and provides a mechanism for continuous improvement.
- Schedule and present all performance profile items to your manager within the first month, as well as ongoing 1-on-1 meetings with your manager to discuss your progress.
- Summarize the main themes to the 300 answers in the “Ask Mike” Questions. Devise a ‘pop quiz’ that could be given to new hires during their onboarding that assesses whether they have comprehended main points.
- Select a relevant topic of your choice and deliver a 30-minute presentation on that topic to the hiring team.
- Assess all members of the Talent Success team. Identify team strengths and weaknesses. Review assessment with the CEO.
- Review the career website and lead a 1-hour discussion regarding both the strengths and weaknesses of the website and suggest improvements (Note: None of the evaluators were involved in creating the existing site).
- Attend all the month 2 onboarding classes. Create an evaluation heuristic for all onboarding class instructors to use to evaluate and coach the new hires attending those classes.
- Conduct a 1 on 1 session with the CEO and advise on some of the issues from the HCSS Employee Leadership Survey that he needs to work on.
- Review the Software Development Competency Model. Devise a training plan for an employee desiring to move from an application developer role to a business developer role.
- Schedule and present all performance profile items to your manager within the second month, as well as ongoing 1-on-1 meetings with your manager to discuss your progress.
After month 2, the performance objectives will be determined by the CEO.
What are you waiting for? If you are ready to take on this opportunity that will not only transform how HR impacts a $50+ million company, but also your own career, then apply today!
Part of our recruitment process includes a math/logic test. HCSS will send you an email within the week after you apply with the test link. In case this is not in your inbox, please also check your spam/junk mail folder. If this is a re-application for the same position, please utilize the test link that was sent to you in your original application.
This is NOT a contract position, NOT a remote position, and at this time we are NOT sponsoring H1-B Visas*