Corporate Counsel – Job Description
We’re HCSS. We’re a software company based in Sugar Land, TX and we provide innovative solutions for the construction industry that helps streamline their operations. Our mission at HCSS is to help customers dramatically improve their business through our innovative, high-quality software and exceptionally helpful service, while providing a great life for our employees. With this mission at the forefront of everything we do, we’re recognized as a pioneer and leader in our market and nominated the “Best Companies to Work for in Texas” 14 years in a row.
WHO WE NEED:
We’re currently looking for a Corporate Counsel with 6-8 years of experience within the software industry with working knowledge of privacy compliance, and regulatory frameworks. JD or Paralegal certification required. If you're a fit, the following things should sound like you:
- You have the ability to make independent decisions consistent with the company policies, guidelines and practices.
- You are able to tackle unknown or new subjects with efficiency.
- You have extensive contract knowledge in a variety of situations with ability to identify, analyze, and mitigate business risks existing in contracts.
- You have a solid foundation of contract principles and requirements.
- You effectively listen and understand business requirements and articulate into a working legal document.
- You’re comfortable working as part of a multidimensional team.
- You have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- You’re organized and take initiative.
- Your attention to detail is impeccable.
As a Corporate Counsel, you will be the primary contact for customer and partner contract negotiations with primary responsibility for driving the contracting process, including drafting, reviewing and negotiating software license, service, consulting and other agreements. In addition, you will:
- Negotiate contracts with our customers resulting in a positive impact for our Customers and internal stakeholders
- Collaborate with Customers and Stakeholders support business operations
- Develop, review, and maintain form SOWs, Agreements and Contracts
- Negotiate terms that protect company interests while promoting a positive experience for our customers
- Advise stakeholders on legal and regulatory issues, and work with attorneys/outside counsel to complete agreements
- Working with various company personnel to identify contractual risks and advise business teams on relevant contractual matters
- Ensure standard form agreements & negotiated agreements are compliant with all local regulatory and compliance standards
- Create and improve templates, agreements, trainings, processes, and other resources
- Special projects as requested to support the Executive Leadership Team.
- Manage and oversee contract databases / Contract Management System and records to support efficient retrieval and reference, and controls access and organizational structure
- Issue, upload, and maintain contracts, contract renewals or amendments and other related documents per policy and procedure
BENEFITS & PERKS:
Part of our mission statement is to provide a great life for our employees. We believe that happy employees make for a better company, so we take care of them. Here are a few of the perks we offer:
- Flexibility for you to work in-office, hybrid or remote.
- Medical and Dental Premiums covered 100% for employees with HRA funds of up to $3,000.
- On-site wellness amenities and $1,000 wellness fund.
- 401K with match.
- $1,000 continuous learning fund and up to $3,000 educational advancement funds.
After you apply, please give us a couple days to review your application. If you pass our resume screening, we will send you a link to a math logic assessment. Most people finish around 20 minutes or less. Check your spam/junk mail folder in case it's not in your inbox. You can take a practice test as many times as you want on our website here. Once you successfully pass the test, you will be scheduled for the next steps.
If you have any questions, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have a carefully selected group of agency partnerships that we’re not looking to expand at this time. Any unsolicited resumes will be deemed the property of HCSS.
This is NOT a contract position, and at this time we are NOT sponsoring H1-B Visas.