HCSS, an innovative construction software company based in Sugar Land (southwest of Houston) and a “Best Place to Work in Texas” 14 years in a row is seeking a strategic thinker and leader to elevate our Contracts Team. The Contracts Manager is a critical position that reports directly to the President, overseeing contracts activities for our rapidly expanding customer base across the United States and Canada.
Are you a detailed oriented person who likes working with customers to help drive business while protecting the interest of HCSS? Do you like being a problem solver who also understands business needs and operations? Here’s your chance to work at HCSS, a 14x winner of the “Best Company to Work for in Texas,” as a Contracts Manager
As a Contracts Manager, you will be the primary contact for customer and partner contract negotiations with primary responsibility for driving the contracting process, including drafting, reviewing and negotiating software license, service, consulting and other agreements. In addition, you will:
- Negotiate contracts with our customers resulting in a positive impact for our Customers and internal stakeholders
- Collaborate with Customers and Stakeholders support business operations
- Develop, review, and maintain form SOWs, Agreements and Contracts
- Negotiate terms that protect company interests while promoting a positive experience for our customers
- Advise stakeholders on legal and regulatory issues, and work with attorneys/outside counsel to complete agreements
- Working with various company personnel to identify contractual risks and advise business teams on relevant contractual matters
- Ensure standard form agreements & negotiated agreements are compliant with all local regulatory and compliance standards
- Create and improve templates, agreements, trainings, processes, and other resources
- Special projects as requested to support the Executive Leadership Team.
- Manage and oversee contract databases / Contract Management System and records to support efficient retrieval and reference, and controls access and organizational structure
- Issue, upload, and maintain contracts, contract renewals or amendments and other related documents per policy and procedure
Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to make independent decisions consistent with the company policies, guidelines and practices
- Ability to tackle unknown or new subjects with efficiency
- Extensive contract knowledge in a variety of situations with ability to identify, analyze, and mitigate business risks existing in contracts
- Solid foundation of contract principles and requirements
- Ability to effectively listen and understand business requirements and articulate into a working legal document
- Comfortable working as part of a multidimensional team
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and self-starter
- Exemplify a strong attention to detail
- Experience in a contracts role with software company
- Experience working with contract regulations the related laws is preferred
After you apply, please give us a couple days to review your application. If you pass our resume screening, we will send you a link to an 8th-grade level math logic assessment. Most people finish around 20 minutes or less. Check your spam/junk mail folder in case it's not in your inbox. You can take a practice test as many times as you want on our website here. Once you successfully pass the test, you will be scheduled for the next steps.
If you have any questions, please reach out to us at email@example.com.
We have a carefully selected group of agency partnerships that we’re not looking to expand at this time. Any unsolicited resumes will be deemed the property of HCSS.
This is NOT a contract position, and at this time we are NOT sponsoring H1-B Visas.