HCSS, an innovative construction software company based in Sugar Land (southwest Houston), TX and recognized as one of the “Best Companies to Work for in Texas” 14 years in a row, is looking for a hands-on Business Intelligence Analyst who will support our data strategy for our Enterprise accounts ($1 Billion+ revenue), ensuring customer and HCSS success.
In this role, you will be taking a consultative approach to data analytics and should be a well experienced and capable business intelligence subject matter expert.
Some of the items you’ll get to tackle include:
- Work to develop a data strategy focused on predictive analytics and industry benchmarking
- Work to design the data architecture to support our data science initiatives
- Gather requirements and design business intelligence reports and templates for our customers on a consultancy basis
- Provide implementation and technical training support for customers and project teams around business intelligence and data analytics
- Perform regular audits of data ETLs and datasource reliability as well as troubleshooting any issues to ensure accuracy of subsequent reports which will influence business decisions
- Consult with our customers on business operations and performance objectives using data to provide insight into opportunities for improving their current processes, and delivering strategic solutions to optimize their operational efficacy
- Analyze and improve our existing templates, reports, and dashboards by re-engineering existing solutions and queries.
- Work with the data team to extract, transform, and load data from various sources, to develop functional and flexible dashboards that provide a holistic view of business performance and actionable insights for both internal team members and our customers
- Develop and maintain reports and dashboards using your business acumen and technical knowledge that help both our business and our customers to develop conclusive ideas to improve future operations
- Engage with internal departments and teams to streamline and standardize existing reports and increase efficiencies
What You’ll Bring:
- 3+ years experience in a role performing data analysis or business intelligence with a focus on data visualization and modeling
- 3+ years experience solving complex challenges with customers and other departments ideally from a consulting environment
- 2+ years experience in both designing descriptive and prescriptive analytical models and approaches to solving complex business problems
- 1+ years experience in developing and tuning complex machine learning models and data architectures to support those models long term
- Experience with workflows and development best practices such as documentation, reproducibility, and data-governance as well as in project management and working with cross-functional teams to achieve business goals
- Understanding of the analytics capability within Salesforce or sufficient exposure to Salesforce
- Proven experience developing and building data visualization templates for use by different industries
- Strong knowledge or experience around database design and architecture; OLAP design knowledge is beneficial
- A firm understanding of corporate sales and a marketing behaviors and non specific industry KPIs
- Understanding of ETL tools and techniques and how to perform extensive data manipulation
- Strong proficiency in SQL environments, in respect to data analysis, and equivalent expertise in visualization and reporting tools such as Tableau or Microsoft Power BI in a way that tells a story and drives decisions
- Working knowledge in R or Python and advanced knowledge in Excel
- Any experience in heavy civil construction is beneficial
With the variety of amazing perks we offer to all employees (including 100% paid medical and dental premiums, on-site wellness amenities, employee stock ownership, and more), we recognize that no one wants to feel stagnant. Therefore we’ll provide you with the resources to grow further through our continuous learning and educational advancement funds.
What are you waiting for? It’s time to take charge of your career and make your impact. The sky’s the limit on what you can achieve!
Part of our recruitment process includes an easy 8th-grade level math/logic test. Most people finish this in 15 minutes or less. HCSS will automatically send you an email after you apply with the test link. In case this is not in your inbox, please also check your spam/junk mail folder.
We have a carefully selected group of agency partnerships that we’re not looking to expand at this time. Any unsolicited resumes will be deemed the property of HCSS.
This is NOT a contract position, and at this time we are NOT sponsoring H1-B Visas. You will have to work in-person at our office in Houston, TX post-COVID.