HCSS, an innovative construction software company based in Sugar Land (southwest Houston), TX and recognized as one of the “Best Companies to Work for in Texas” 13 years in a row is looking for a Billing Specialist as we scale for rapid growth.
In this role, you’ll…
- own the creation of renewal quotes and invoices for 3000+ annual accounts and daily/monthly subscription add ons
- collaborate cross-departmentally (sales, customer success, etc.) to create an amazing customer experience
- build your skills via the use of multiple systems including Salesforce, Intacct (accounting system), and Credentials (our customer licensing portal)
An ideal candidate typically has 2+ years of experience, although we’re open to connecting with pure entry-level talent. Important qualities include an eye for detail, multitasking aptitude, problem-solving mindset, ability to analyze data, and a heart for service.
The objectives below will be used to evaluate your ability in the first 2 months regardless of your experience.
- Use Salesforce to locate and deliver one week’s renewal quotes without any errors.
- Demonstrate your knowledge of the different types of service billings and be able to calculate and explain a basic renewal bill to your manager accurately and without any help.
- Be able to navigate credentials to view and explain SaaS subscriptions.
- Demonstrate to your manager the ability to navigate through Intacct, finding a contract, contract lines, billing and revenue schedule, invoices created, and tie these back to Salesforce.
- Answer at least 50% of coworkers’ questions on quote adjustments, license/subscription counts, and invoice explanation.
- Take at least 25% of incoming customer inquiry calls and emails in reference to billing and/or account status with minimal assistance.
- Handle real-life customer scenarios from your manager and calculate complex billings manually and correctly.
- Generate all monthly billable customers’ invoices by the due date, review for accuracy.
After month 2, the performance objectives will be determined by your manager.
With the variety of amazing perks we offer to all employees (including 100% paid medical and dental premiums, on-site wellness amenities, employee stock ownership, and more), we recognize that no one wants to feel stagnant. Therefore we’ll provide you with the resources to grow further through our continuous learning and educational advancement funds.
What are you waiting for? It’s time to take charge of your career and make your impact. The sky’s the limit on what you can achieve!
Part of our recruitment process includes a math/logic test. HCSS will send you an email within the week after you apply with the test link. In case this is not in your inbox, please also check your spam/junk mail folder. If this is a re-application for the same position, please utilize the test link that was sent to you in your original application.
This is NOT a contract position, remote during COVID-19, and at this time we are NOT sponsoring H1-B Visas*